Poll: which pedal is better for metal?
Poll Options
View poll results: which pedal is better for metal?
metal muff with top boost
8 73%
DigiTech XMM Metal Master Heavy Metal Distortion Pedal
3 27%
Line 6 ToneCore Uber Metal Distortion Pedal
0 0%
other (post it)
0 0%
Voters: 11.
save your money and a get a multi effects pedal!! or a boss ml 2 metal core. IT DEPENDS on what kinda music you play really.
I hate to be that guy but saving for a new amp will sound so much better...
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
so basically, your whole sound rests upon the amp, not the guitar, pedals, etc. for the most pats? Because ive seen SOO many people say that.
Well you CAN make your amp sound metal with a pedal. However it won't sound nearly as good as an amp made for metal will.
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Metal Muff, unless you only play old school Black Metal, I like the metal master more for that.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I've got the Metal Master and I like it a lot. You can get a wide range of metal tones, from an old school Metallica crunch to a heavy death metal sound. It is also not muddy like some other distortions can be. I play through a solid state marshall and it sounds great, compared to the mg of course, but in comparison to good tube amp I think it sounds very similar, just not as natural, more digital.
SPAM:

Good deals: rok-en-rol, truespin, ICFootball62, IndianScout, tinypants, HartRacer86, Huntred_67, Perandor, and many others from HC
Quote by lethaldosage45
save your money and a get a multi effects pedal!! or a boss ml 2 metal core. IT DEPENDS on what kinda music you play really.

if he just wants metal distortion, why would he save the money he'd pay for a single distortion pedal and get a sub-standard multi-fx with loads of extra features he doesn't want which majorly compromises on what he does want?

new amp really will help here. New amp or metal muff.

edit: ^holy sh.. guy above me.. 2 marshall MGs?... there is no god...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
If you save up like 20 or 15 bucks you might be able to get a Pro Tone Body Rot distortion pedal... I haven't used them but the clips sounded good. Maybe look into those...?