I posted this in the basics forum but I only got two replies so I thought I'd ask here...

Basically for my tech project i was thinking about making some sort of learning aid for practising chords, it would be a cut down version of a neck probably around 4 frets long with strings on so you can practise finger positions for basic chords like A to G when you dont have a guitar handy like at school or on holiday or whatever. I'm thinking about putting lights into the neck for finger positions for each chord possibly, I'm still in the early stages though...

Someone said it sounded like the shred neck or something but I'm unsure of whether they sell that in England or not and my idea is slightly different to that

Any feedback / suggestions would be huuuuuuuuuugely appreciated

Or if anybody has a different suggestion for anything to help with learning I'd really appreciate it

Thanks =)
Last edited by sofa_dofa at Jun 24, 2008,
Pretty cool idea! Go for it, I've never heard of anything like it. And it would be damn useful!
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
I can see this only being useful in the very beginner stages of playing, but i wouldn't see it as a huge help in the intermediate or advanced playing levels. what you are talking about making with a fretboard that lights up has already been made before, except for a real guitar. It includes scale positions all over the fretboard. But yeah if its just for a school project you should probably just go ahead and do it
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Could have a hard time with getting string tension to feel right with that short scale.

Just a thought.