So, I can get a used Evo X off of craigslist for 60$. The guy said he is selling it because he got a fender, but that it is in good condition. I am in need of a backup guitar (I currently have an Epiphone Les Paul Studio.) I bring the LP back and forth from my mom's house to my dad's house, and it is a hassle. I would like to buy a guitar for my dad's house. It would be running through a ****ty squier amp (The good one is at my mom's house.) I am at a beginner level (not total noob, just not intermediate). I've been playing for 6 months. I play classic rock, rock and alternative, and some punk.

Do you think this would be a good backup guitar for me, for the price?
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Custom (Alpine White)
Roland Microcube

Hoping to get a Strat or Tele next.
For the price, yes, but what's the big deal in carrying your guitar around. You're going to have to take a tuner and maintenance kit whenever you go over to mom's house etc. If you are gigging then it's a good backup and template for upgrading but you'd be better off wih two good amps and a decent enough guitar IMO.
Quote by greggybhoy
For the price, yes, but what's the big deal in carrying your guitar around. You're going to have to take a tuner and maintenance kit whenever you go over to mom's house etc. If you are gigging then it's a good backup and template for upgrading but you'd be better off with two good amps and a decent enough guitar IMO.

Thanks for your response. It is just inconvenient, and I don't know how to get it there and back during school. What are some good amps, that are relatively cheap (I have a Roland Micro Cube.) But you think it is a good deal?
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Custom (Alpine White)
Roland Microcube

Hoping to get a Strat or Tele next.