I'm looking to get a new turntable (just bought a cheap cheap one at a garage sale and now I want something that actually works)

What would you suggest? I'd like something that could play 3 speeds and something that has the possibility of going from vinyl to digital (if that is even a feature you can get)

Thanks guys
Elitists and Hypocrites
You're gonna need a USB table to go from vinyl to digital. Just look around, it's gonna be hard to find one that does 3 speeds.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Whenever i hear turntable i think about the dj version.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

i don't have any suggestions, but i do know that vinyl to digital IS an option. musicdirect.com has a bunch of turntables as well as other places online, so shop around. also note that for what you're looking for, you're going to have to shell out quite a bit of cash.
Quote by phoenix_88
i don't have any suggestions, but i do know that vinyl to digital IS an option. musicdirect.com has a bunch of turntables as well as other places online, so shop around. also note that for what you're looking for, you're going to have to shell out quite a bit of cash.

It actually won't be that expensive. You can get a decent USB turntable for between $100-$200.
brnh.bandcamp.com
So is 3 speeds even necessary? Because I've heard of 78 records but is there anything since say 1950 that is on that speed?
Elitists and Hypocrites
mine runs 33 1/3 and 45, and i only have 2 records that run at 45 (granted my record collection isn't all to big, but those records are the new radiohead, and the star wars theme/cantina band song on 7") so i think 2 speed is just fine.
Vinyl to Digital is a real feature and it is getting quite popular.

And a good turntable brand would be anything made by Stanton.
With Stanton I wouldn't go lower than anything below the ST-100. Their lower end stuff is pretty garbage. Also stay away from anything by Numark like the plague. I'd check out this one by Audio Technica http://www.turntablelab.com/dj_equipment/439/1767/32983.html It seems pretty decent if you just want to record from vinyl to digital or listen, but it is belt driven. I'm pretty sure all the direct to computer tt's are. However if you really want a good turntable that'll last you a life time and then some go for a Technics 1200, and some kind of usb interface box.
SG Commando

Epiphone G-400

Epiphone Valve Jr Combo
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by HelloDrJeckyl
With Stanton I wouldn't go lower than anything below the ST-100. Their lower end stuff is pretty garbage. Also stay away from anything by Numark like the plague. I'd check out this one by Audio Technica http://www.turntablelab.com/dj_equipment/439/1767/32983.html It seems pretty decent if you just want to record from vinyl to digital or listen, but it is belt driven. I'm pretty sure all the direct to computer tt's are. However if you really want a good turntable that'll last you a life time and then some go for a Technics 1200, and some kind of usb interface box.

Whats wrong with numark?
Elitists and Hypocrites
Honestly Numark has a bad reputation of making really crappy products. Their low end stuff won't hold pitch and have generally weak motors and bad electronics. They won't last more than a few months. Even their high end stuff is flaky. It'll work for a while but then after about a year things will just stop working, the motors die and other problems. They skimp on everything. Check Numarks forums and see for yourself the problem people are having.
SG Commando

Epiphone G-400

Epiphone Valve Jr Combo
Digitech Bad Monkey