So who have already seen my previous thread, you could see that I want to buy a Telecaster. But there's a problem, don't know which one. Sadly there's not that much money, so I can only afford a Standard Telecaster, which (I think) is Mexican made, and the cheapest. Why is that? Is it really basic, or what?

Edit: Which one would you suggest? Please don't say the most expensive one. I don't have that amount of money.
Last edited by XSider at Jun 24, 2008,
I have a Mexi standard tele and it's beautiful. For my personal preference, the pickups are a bit weak, but their actual tone is quite nice.

I see no reason why not go with that if it's what your budget allows. I'm gonna drop some new pickups into it, but other than that, it's a wonderful guitar.
Well because I don't want a weaker guitar than my current. It's a Squier Stagemaster with 2 humbuckers.. I would swap the bridge pickup for a Seymour Duncan hot rail. If it after this modification would by weaker than my squier.. Then I don't know what would I do. But this Telecaster is the only guitar that I like. Dunno why.
If you put a hot rail in it it'll blow your Squier out of the water.

Keep in mind, I'm comparing it to a Les Paul with Seymour Duncan pickups in it. That's a powerful guitar. The stock single coils just don't match that; but they're not supposed to.

More expensive telecasters are nicer, but for your budget, it's perfect. I love mine at least.
are you in the USA? if you're in europe, there are other options at a similar price which are, in my opinion, better.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by XSider
Another thing, can it handle a Standard C tuning? Or Drop C?

I do not know, but I can't imagine it would take it too well. It's got considerably low action and I've been happy with it, so I've not raised it to find out. I really don't know about that one.
Quote by XSider
I'm in Europe. Which guitars are those? And I hate Floyd Rose.

several options, but i'd take a look at levinson blade and tokai tele copies (you might have to go second-hand for tokais, though, as they haven't made exact fender copies for a couple of years, as fender hired them to make some of their Japanese-made instruments).

EDIT: http://www.bladeguitars.com/models/delta_standard.html

http://www.tokairegistry.com/images/catalogs/tokai86_4.jpg

basically, the blade is a more modern take on a tele, the tokai a very vintage take on one.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 25, 2008,