After playing my old peavey 5 string a **** load recently.
Im looking to find buy a new 5 string bass. Which will primarily be used in a metal band, I will use my 6 string for the jazzy stuff etc.
So since its gona be primarily used for metal and one of my favorite bassists in metal Steve DiGiorgio uses ESP I have been looking at ESP basses.

Does any one have any experiences with this bass inparticular

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-F5E-5String-Bass-Guitar?sku=516186

I know, I will try before I buy and such but I was wondering what your thoughts were on ESP basses.

Cheers in advance
I've got no experience with this bass, but I did try out a few ESP's when I was last in town and they were great value for the money. Good variety of tones are available with the right EQing.

Make sure you try out some Schecters, the Elite-5 is what I have and it is brilliant fir all kinds of music. You can get brilliant growly tones for metal, but it is also very adept at coping with a mellower kind of music.

Hope that helps man
That is an amazing bass. Esp basses are awsome, they can compete with sounds from basses thats over £300 more. ive got an F104 cos i couldnt afford a higher model. all the esps ive tried had amazingly thin and fast necks. the tone that comes out of it is heavey as ****!!
Look into Spectors. Very nice growl that would sound great for metal. I own one and I love it.
I just bought me a Spector Pro Legend 5...not played it yet but from what the reviews say its a monster!

Only £300 from eBay too =]
Why don't you just use your 6-string for everything? Save yourself some money and have an extra string to full around on for your band.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
It doesnt really cut it for metal.
Doesnt growl enough tbh.
I may end up just buying a new 6 string string such as an Ibanez or something I just wanted to kno your thoughts on that bass in particular as I have heard mixed reviews.
What kind of 6-string do you own right now? Also what kind of amp are you using? I'm sure with the right EQ you could get what you want.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
Last edited by CNC-Digity at Jun 25, 2008,
Shine SBA 626
Running through an old laney head.
It just doesnt quite have the punch I want and I have tried different type of EQ and nothing come of it.