I'm probably being a bit silly here, but can I plug a Roland cube 30 into a Cab? I might be buying 2 4ft-tall Cabs from a local school that have no use for them, very cheap..So could I plug my cube 30 into one?

And yes i did use the searchbar.. couldn't find anything
no, just no, it'll burn the ss and maybe the cab (I think, at least one of them will break), so it won't work
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

It won't work because the Cube 30 doesn't have a speaker out, it's just meant for practicing and small gigs. Trying any other out on a Cube would just fry either the amp or the cabs, so I wouldn't try it.
Right Thanks.. even if I could it would be pointless but I'm not going to turn down 2 Cabs for £30...

Any other uses for them?
Quote by poipoi
no, just no, it'll burn the ss and maybe the cab (I think, at least one of them will break), so it won't work

Wrong.

If you have a speaker out, yes.
I use my 15W crate for cleans sometimes, and it sounds even better through my 4x12, as it has bigger/nicer speakers.

Just watch the volume knob, because the speakers usually can take more than your amp can dish out.

Quote by dandadog
Right Thanks.. even if I could it would be pointless but I'm not going to turn down 2 Cabs for £30...

Any other uses for them?

I use my 4x12 in conjuction with my powerblock's line-in to play music off my computer.
150w home stereo, baby.

If you get the right amp (guitar with audio/cd in or line-in or a stereo/hifi amp) you can do anything with those babys.
Last edited by -Collapse- at Jun 24, 2008,
Get the cabs anyway and buy like an epiphone valve head or something.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
Quote by HeliuM

+1
Quote by -Collapse-
Wrong.

If you have a speaker out, yes.
I use my 15W crate for cleans sometimes, and it sounds even better through my 4x12, as it has bigger/nicer speakers.

Just watch the volume knob, because the speakers usually can take more than your amp can dish out.

I use my 4x12 in conjuction with my powerblock's line-in to play music off my computer.
150w home stereo, baby.

If you get the right amp (guitar with audio/cd in or line-in or a stereo/hifi amp) you can do anything with those babys.

The only speaker out on the cube that I know of is the recording out/ Headphones..

It also has an Aux In which is meant to be used with Audio/cd if thats what you mean? And yes I have a hifi Amp sitting here, is it easy to connect the hifi into it?

EDIT

Quote by HeliuM

Going to buy a Head when money allows, saving up for a Jackson Dinky right now but will look into Heads after.
Last edited by dandadog at Jun 24, 2008,
Yeah, that seems the idea is snag those cabs then buy a head down the line. Just make sure that the impedence is the same for the head and the cabs. What cabs are they? Just a generic brand or what?
Quote by bowen
Yeah, that seems the idea is snag those cabs then buy a head down the line. Just make sure that the impedence is the same for the head and the cabs. What cabs are they? Just a generic brand or what?

They are by a brand called "S.W" Never heard of them personnally, and can't find them on the internet. And they are black with gold, so it sound's like a No-Name marshall rip-off, but I haven't gone to view them yet.