When I try and watch videos on youtube.com it gives me this message in place of the video:

"Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player. "

So, Flashplayer is not a problem, how do I turn on JavaScript (or find out if it's turned off)?

Any other relevant comments are welcome.

Thanks
if you use firefox it will be in tools>options>content but the problem could be you have and old version of java. that happend to me. if youre not using firefox you suck
Quote by :Vicious--
how did u guys get from pit flags to mace windu raping kids using an ice cream truck

Quote by -Vogel-
"Don't touch my buttsecks"
Quote by guitar999111
if you use firefox it will be in tools>options>content but the problem could be you have and old version of java. that happend to me. if youre not using firefox you suck

Apparently I suck...

EDIT: I still require help
Last edited by O-52-A-50-R at Jun 24, 2008,
Quote by O-52-A-50-R
How do I "ask youtube"? ^

EDIT: And I don't have (nor will I create) an account.

well if you dont have an account u cant, but i will tell you what. just because i am nice, i will ask for you.
It happened to me last week.

I downloaded Firefox 3.0 and it now works.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Quote by O-52-A-50-R
Well, I don't know what Firefox even is... all I know is that I don't have it, and don't want to have it if it's not totally necessary.

i dont have fire fox, but it works for me. you may want to get it if its the olny way that it will work. other than that, i dont know what to tell you. srry man
Alright, I still need help. Here's the thing: I KNOW that it has to be the Abode Flashplayer because I downloaded the most recent version of Java and made sure it was turned on.

I downloaded the Flashplayer thing like 5 times so maybe I'm not doing it right (because it shouldn't allow me to download that many times, should it?)
you made sure to install flashplayer once you downloaded it right?
Quote by :Vicious--
how did u guys get from pit flags to mace windu raping kids using an ice cream truck

Quote by -Vogel-
"Don't touch my buttsecks"
do you use googe web accelerator? cuz if you do, try turning that off.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
I say pwnd/owned alot, and n00b even more frequently.

It comes up every few seconds actually. I actually said "imma pwn j00 n00b" to my girlfriend i think. She had no idea what i wastalking about, so i pwnt her n00b ass.
What operating system are you using? Mac, Windows, Ubuntu? If it's Ubuntu I have a fix for ya...
After upgrading to Firefox 3, if you find that you cannot get java to run and you are 100% sure that you have already installed the latest version of java, here is a simple fix (for Ubuntu Hardy Heron).

Open up your Terminal (Applications->Accessories->Terminal).

Type the command

sudo apt-get autoremove icedtea-gcjwebplugin

to remove the icedtea-gcjwebplugin package from your system.

Restart your Firefox 3. The Java runtime should be working now.

(icedtea-gcjwebplugin is a little web browser plugin to execute Java applets. It is targeted for Mozilla and compatible browsers that support the NPAPI. It seems that this has some compatibility issue with Firefox 3.)