Page 1 of 13
So, who do you think is gonna win? Nadal, Federer or Djokovic?

I think Nadal's got an even better chance this year but Federer's still the best on grass, he'll probably win. He hasn't done well this year but he was ill and hasn't been able to play at full strength for long enough.

There are about 7 women who could win it too. Ivanovic, Jankovic, Sharapova and the Williams sisters could all do it, as well as a couple of others.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
I think and want Federer to win. It'll be close though.

I want Sharapova to win the women's but I don't think she will.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Djokovic and Ivanovic!!!
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Standard 2008 (Desert Burst)
-ESP HORIZON FR II
-Squier BulletStrat
-Marshall MG100HDFX
-Marshall AVT412A
-Fender Frontman 15G
-Digitech RPx400
-Boss (MT-2, MD-2, GE-7, DD-7, CE-5. TU-15, BCB-60)
Got to be Nadal, he's improved so much this year I really can't see anyone at all beating him.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Nadal and Djokovic have had very slow starts and neither of them look confident on grass, Federer looks really on form so I expect him to win.

Who's gonna get the other semi final place?

I'll say Roddick, I don't expect any surprises this year.
I think Federer will win it again this year. He's not been in the best form this season but he always seems to up his game when it comes to Wimbeldon. That said, I think it will be alot closer than recent years as Nadal and Djokovic have improved immensely, Nadal played brilliantly today, as Federer did yesterday.

As for the semi final places, I think Marco Bagdhatis could be in with a shot. He's a great player, but alot of people seem to under-rate him. Also Roddick and Hewitt could be in with a shout. Maybe Andy Murray might get through, but I think it's too early to think he could reach the final.
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Nadal and Djokovic have had very slow starts and neither of them look confident on grass, Federer looks really on form so I expect him to win.

Who's gonna get the other semi final place?

I'll say Roddick, I don't expect any surprises this year.

Um, I haven't seen the draw as a whole so I don't know what side he's in. Davydenko's already out so it won't go with seeds. I simply cannot see the top 3 going out anywhere but the semis. I think Roddick will get the 4th place if he's in the right part of the draw...

Murray's good, but he's stuck with all the guys below the top 3. They're just another level above everyone and I can't see anyone else winning a Slam in the next 5 years.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
Um, I haven't seen the draw as a whole so I don't know what side he's in. Davydenko's already out so it won't go with seeds. I simply cannot see the top 3 going out anywhere but the semis. I think Roddick will get the 4th place if he's in the right part of the draw...

Murray's good, but he's stuck with all the guys below the top 3. They're just another level above everyone and I can't see anyone else winning a Slam in the next 5 years.

I think those 4 can make it to the semis...

Yeah neither can I He keeps making stupid mistakes too, I'm sure he has the talent though.

I'm just spending my days watching Wimbledon all day, it's quite nice really.
Quote by wiggyisgreat
I think those 4 can make it to the semis...

Yeah neither can I He keeps making stupid mistakes too, I'm sure he has the talent though.

I'm just spending my days watching Wimbledon all day, it's quite nice really.

I wish I could, unfortunately I am working everyday until Saturday, then again next week =[
Fernando Gonzales
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
I like Nadal.
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
Quote by TobyFellrunners
I wish I could, unfortunately I am working everyday until Saturday, then again next week =[

Lame Well it's not that good anyway...

Who watched Venus Williams' match? That little ginger english woman was insane in the first 20 minutes.
Quote by smb
I want Nadal.
Yes, but who will win wimbledon?

I haven't seen Federer or Nadal play at all this year but Djokovic was impressive at Queens.
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Lame Well it's not that good anyway...

Who watched Venus Williams' match? That little ginger english woman was insane in the first 20 minutes.

ah well, things will get better in the second week!

And the only women's matches I've watched were Elenna Baltacha's which was quite entertaining and Maria Sharapova's match today. Got to say, not a fan of her shorts, still looks amazing though, and playing as great as ever. Hopefully her and Ana Ivanovic will meet each other sometime during the tournament, that would be a great match to see!
Quote by freedoms_stain
Yes, but who will win wimbledon?
Oh, that. Well I'm not that bothered, so long as Nadal makes it to the final
I think that Nadal has never had a better shot at it than this year... Federer has not been this 'bad' in years...

However, doesnt federer have like a zillion consecutive wins on grass?
Quote by pwnerer
I think that Nadal has never had a better shot at it than this year... Federer has not been this 'bad' in years...

However, doesnt federer have like a zillion consecutive wins on grass?

60 I think.

Oscar Wilde
Quote by GarlicBread
COME ON TIM
gah that used to drive me nuts
You'll love the new version then.

"COME ON ANDY"
Nedal will win it this year.

But I want Murrey tho!
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Murray has the potential to beat any of them on his day, but I don't think he's anywhere near consistant enough to go the whole way...
i vote Federer just because he deserves the record.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
It's going to be Henmans year this year.

>.>

<.<
Last edited by DanRev at Jun 24, 2008,
Quote by DanRev
It's going to be Henmans this year.

for awesome commentary? o.O
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by bequickorbedead
Murray has the potential to beat any of them on his day, but I don't think he's anywhere near consistant enough to go the whole way...

If everyone was playing at their best, the top 3 would mash Murray.

Quote by Sol9989
i vote Federer just because he deserves the record.

Yeah, I kinda want him to win 6 in a row. Especially since it's reasonably certain he's never gonna get the French.

Oscar Wilde
Anyone else been watching the Ivanovic match? It was brilliant. Natalie Dechy gace her a really good run for her money. I missed the first set because I was at work but watched it from the second set onwards. Couldn't believe it when Ivanovic pulled it back from the 2 match points Dechy had in the second set. Great game to watch, well done to both of them.

And what a shocker, Djokovic is out! Losing in straight sets against Safin. That opens up another one of the semi final places now!
Quote by TobyFellrunners
Anyone else been watching the Ivanovic match? It was brilliant. Natalie Dechy gace her a really good run for her money. I missed the first set because I was at work but watched it from the second set onwards. Couldn't believe it when Ivanovic pulled it back from the 2 match points Dechy had in the second set. Great game to watch, well done to both of them.

And what a shocker, Djokovic is out! Losing in straight sets against Safin. That opens up another one of the semi final places now!
Interesting.

Marat Safin seemed to be winding down his position as a genuine championship competitor to me too. Can't count the older guys out after all.
MARAT SAFIN
i've been waiting for him to return and that a return it is
The Ivanovich vs Dechy match was really good too! Dechy's service is real good and she is 39 it was her 13th time on Wimbledon..
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
I know what you mean about Safin. He was a class player back in the day, but I've not seen much of him lately. I was shocked when I turned over and he was 2 sets up, won the third set 6-2 I think. No disrespecting his performance but I think it is fair to say that Djolkovic was very sub-par today. Such a shame, the guy was one of the genuine threats to Federer .
Djokovic just got out by some noob so either nadal or federer

I'm hoping nadal, just cause i'm sick of seeing federer win
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
You need a few shocks and surprises in a good competition.

If Federer walks it again it'll be disappointing.
Quote by British_Steal
Djokovic just got out by some noob so either nadal or federer

I'm hoping nadal, just cause i'm sick of seeing federer win

by the way, if you playing teh game, you just lost
lol, Safin is not a noob, he's been playing competitive tennis for at least a decade.
Quote by freedoms_stain
You need a few shocks and surprises in a good competition.

If Federer walks it again it'll be disappointing.
lol, Safin is not a noob, he's been playing competitive tennis for at least a decade.

Exactly, I wasn't saying I was disappointed with the shock, they are what makes this tournament special, anyone can win on their day. It's just a shame that we won't see any more of Djokovic this year, I genuinely thought he had a good chance this year.

And indeed Safin is no noob, the guy is a former World Number 1!