I took the little cover off because I wanted to play with the adjustment of the truss rod. First of all, from pics ove seen, the truss rod is sticking out of the hole it goes into. Mine, the rod was recessed about a half inch in the hole. So I put an allen key on it to turn it, and the rod pushed down into the neck of the guitar. I kinda angled the allen key and pulled it back up, but any pressure put on that rod, and it falls into the neck. What the heck is going on here? The guitar is an Epiphone Les Paul.
Quote by Jarryd.
How far did you tighten it?

1/4 turn? 1/2 turn? More?

Well I tried givng it a half turn but it pushed down into the neck when I did. I probably did get a hlaf turn on it but instead of messing with it anymore, I figured I'd get someones opinion before messing with it anymore.
Quote by mchnhd4
I took the little cover off because I wanted to play with the adjustment of the truss rod.

You don't ever "play" with adjustment of the truss-rod. You're f-ing stupid and deserves a broken guitar.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Last edited by HomerSGR at Jun 25, 2008,
HomerSGR: shut up....

mchnhd4: take it into a shop and as them to have a look at it... dont play with it anymore though.
Quote by Daniel8488
HomerSGR: shut up....

mchnhd4: take it into a shop and as them to have a look at it... dont play with it anymore though.

What? I just said he should be more careful...
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by HomerSGR
What? I just said he should be more careful...

I think he was referring to the part where you called him f--ing stupid and told him he deserved a broken guitar.
Don't play with it. You only need it if your neck looks warped.

So I would take it to a luthier, and say your mate did it! :P:
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
Don't play with it. You only need it if your neck looks warped.

So I would take it to a luthier, and say your mate did it! :P:

Just to clarify, warping usually refers to a damaged neck--it's hard to fix. Bowed would just mean a neck that is too concave.
my truss rod is about half an inch in also but whaen you turn it is fine. u most likly took it of it brakets
Quote by TheProducer
Just to clarify, warping usually refers to a damaged neck--it's hard to fix. Bowed would just mean a neck that is too concave.

My tech teacher lied to me then!

But still, if you are scared to touch it, take it to a pro.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I wasn't just playing with it just to mess with **** you dumbass. I had thicker strings put on and the damn strings were buzzing like crazy. I talked to guitar center and they said it shouldnt fall down into the neck like that. The rod practically falls down the neck by itself. Im taking it back to where I had the strings put on to get their opinion. If it is broken, I understand epiphone covers that as long as I took it to an authorized epiphone repair shop.
Quote by Lil Macker

My tech teacher lied to me then!

But still, if you are scared to touch it, take it to a pro.

Well, your teacher might of just used the words interchangeably, people do. When something 'warps' it usually means it's twisted because of humidity, temperature, weight, etc. That kind of twist can't be fixed by just tightening the rod. A concavity can (when it bends away from the strings in a 'bow'-like fashion).