Hello UG.

Im really into woodworking and building, but ive always had to borrow stuff from my grandfather or just build things with friends who have tools. But, now im looking in buying a few things, and since i dont build real often, so im not looking at buying anything too expensive.
Im currently planning on building a rack to hold 4 of my guitars. (I will start a thread on this with some plans for it once i start, it should be really cool.) So im looking at buying a decent drill and circular saw. Is there a company out there that sells power tools for fairly cheap, but are still pretty durable. I dont need something to last a lifetime, and i dont need something for working with really dense woods. The cheapest circular saws i can find are in the $60-70 range. any help is appreciated.

oh and also, ive heard that Odd Lots/Big Lots (I hope youve hear of it, they sell stuff cheap) for a good price, but i cant imagine it being very good. does anyone know about this?

thank you all
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
bump
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Well,if you plan on doing a few builds invest in the best you can...that goes with everything in life tbh-it's cheaper in the long run.

I once got a table saw for £40-it wasn't an awful machine-that lasted me a year or two.

If an odd lot is like a car boot sale,I've never had any problems with them. Change the fuse (I dunno if the US even have fuses ) and make sure the wiring is right in the plug.

That'll safeguard against any surges and such.
Check Home Depot. They usually have power tool packages of Ryobi brand stuff for pretty cheap, they're ok in quality and work just fine.
i would try home depot and other places like that, but when you live in the middle of nowhere cowtown ohio, theres not much you can do, haha. i will look into it though.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
i would try home depot and other places like that, but when you live in the middle of nowhere cowtown ohio, theres not much you can do, haha. i will look into it though.

Then you're stuck with using an old rusty handsaw and screwdriver.
harbor freight and lowes FTW
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Quote by Bertallica
Then you're stuck with using an old rusty handsaw and screwdriver.

dont worry, im not above using a hand saw.
Hell, two summers ago i mowed the grass with an antique mower. The kind with no engine and no wheels. It was so hard to push, it needed lubricated bad.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
^ that's epic
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology