I really know nothing about buying guitars. I like the look of this guitar and It's in my price range but other than that, i know nothing about quality, any help?

It's an Ibanez RG350DX
Last edited by tomahass at Jun 24, 2008,
what's you budget? musical style? location/currency? do you need a trem?

i personaly wouldn't get an edge III trem if i was a beginner as they are tedious to set up/maintain
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Last edited by shredhead22 at Jun 24, 2008,
It's a good guitar. I'd certainly buy it.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Yeah, its good, and it would be great to start out with learning your stuff about guitar on.
I've got the 370, which is almost similar.

Go for it if you like it.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
i was gonna buy it, but the shop set up wasnt doing it for me. after a short dive it was out of tune
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
i got the same guitar and its good you just gotta really know how to set up the edge 3 good or else you will end up not using it. what amp do you have?
ƒuck your nuts
Quote by shredhead22
what's you budget? musical style? location/currency? do you need a trem?

i personaly wouldn't get an edge III trem if i was a beginner as they are tedious to set up/maintain

Im not a beginner, I've just been using my dad's hand me down guitar for a year, and my style is alternate. currency is British pounds. A trem would be nice but I would really use it.
Quote by meanppls7
what amp do you have?

I use my PC for now, until i get the money I'm not buying an amp.
Quote by tomahass
Im not a beginner, I've just been using my dad's hand me down guitar for a year, and my style is alternate. currency is British pounds. A trem would be nice but I would really use it.

ibanez has good quality guitars (even the MIK are decent) and the 350DX is a good choice, i would just be wary of that edge III
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by shredhead22
ibanez has good quality guitars (even the MIK are decent) and the 350DX is a good choice, i would just be wary of that edge III

Should it put me off the guitar. I wouldn't be using it very much. Maybe 1/10 times.
not really, trems are just a hassle to set up if you don't know what ur doing. plus you can always block it down the road if you get fed up with it
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
It's a nice guitar. One of my friends has one and the pickups have a nice deep tone, which is good for Metal, Blues, and Hard Rock. Although a lot of people don't like the bridge and say its junk, so its your call.
nice guitar, terrible trem. i had an ibanez with an edge III and it crapped out on me in about a week.
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
Quote by metalhead_c-1
nice guitar, terrible trem. i had an ibanez with an edge III and it crapped out on me in about a week.

Really? Mine lasted me a good year before it screwed up on me.
Ibanez are pretty good for beginner but it also depends on what kind of much you're into. But it's more for metal like.
Heeh it has an Edge III get a hardtail to start with if its your first guitar.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
I'd say look for epiphones.
In the UK, they're priced rather reasonably compared to other guitars, i've found.
Quality is tops.
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
Quote by welcom2duhjungl
Ibanez are pretty good for beginner but it also depends on what kind of much you're into. But it's more for metal like.

Ibanez's are good for more than beginners.
I have the 350EX, I did some mods to the trem so it's smoother, but it's more of just welding stronger metals on rather than an actual mod.

Uhm, blocking the trem could be a good idea.
I'd get an amp though, better than using a computer by far.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Quote by WH15P3R
I have the 350EX, I did some mods to the trem so it's smoother, but it's more of just welding stronger metals on rather than an actual mod.

what exactly did you do to it?
ƒuck your nuts
Quote by meanppls7
what exactly did you do to it?

I removed the actual part where the trem-bar goes into and replaced it with a hardened steel equivalent which I made out of this piece of metal off of a motorbike my Dad had.
It used to be really jumpy and I had to pull up or push down quite a lot for it to work at all.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
ew
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2