I'm really cosidering buying one, I played one today at my local music shop and absoloutley loved it. So has anybody owned or played one of these before and if so how do you think it compares to other mid range basses?
Heck, I'm playing mine right now! It's an amazing bass for the price. You can get that old old 1950's funky type sound than immediately turn around and get Metallica. Along with the Skynyrd southern Rock sound. Versatility is the main thing that comes to mind when I think of this bass. Just don't get it in black, I cannot keep mine clean for the life of me!

You looking at the 4 or 5 string version?
The Fender deluxe basses are awesome. I have an American Standard, and can see the massive benefits of having a Deluxe.
You planning to get an American Deluxe or Mexican Deluxe? Just curious.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
I have one, i bought it about 3 months ago. I love it. I loved it when i tried it and i love it still. Mine's a mexican made, and its great quality, great sound, amazing feel. I seriously recommend it, if you get it you wont be sorry. =]
I've played a few of these. Fenders aren't really my thing, but this model is great. If I got a Fender I'd probably want a deluxe.
I thought about getting a deluxe jazz until I played my friend's and it just sounded weak and didn't feel sturdy to me. Instead I got the deluxe p special which I really enjoy.
Quote by Jonn0
The Fender deluxe basses are awesome. I have an American Standard, and can see the massive benefits of having a Deluxe.
You planning to get an American Deluxe or Mexican Deluxe? Just curious.

It's a mexican, I dont have the money to get an american now
Quote by Ryker24
It's a mexican, I dont have the money to get an american now
I got mine before the price bump up and stuff. Regardless, amazing bass for the price. I had been looking at getting a new bass for quite a while, factoring in price to see what would be a nice mid-level bass. The Jazz just blew me away. I love it to death. Def. get one.

You'll love it
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

I was going to get one of these, I loved it, but sprung for the Power Jazz instead.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Quote by solid_moose
I was going to get one of these, I loved it, but sprung for the Power Jazz instead.

With the piezo bridge? I was looking at that thing for months, is it as wonderful as it seems?
To thread starter: Why not pay just 100 more dollars and get the Fender Jaguar Bass for 749$. It's CIJ opposed to MIM and, in my opinion, more versatile. Although it dosen't have the Vintage Noiseless pickups like the deluxe active, it does have the capability to be active or passive with the slide of a switch(and much more). It also has aged pearloid inlays instead of white dot inlalys. The Jaguar is bassically a super versatile jazz bass.

EDIT: Now the Jaguar comes in two more finishes;3-Tone Sunburst and Olympic White. In my opinion the Hot Rod Red is the best looking Jaguar because it's the only one that has the matching headstock and the combonation of the red and chrome go well together.
Fender FSR Standard Jazz Bass(Sapphire Blue finish!!)
Squier VM TB Bass
Squier Precision Bass(heavily modified)
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
I've been thinking of getting one of these, the price is pretty good for the price
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!