What would you use to imporvise over B B G A.

You probably think its easy but i'm not good at this...
"B B G A" means absolutely nothing. Elaborate.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Find out yourself. This is the way I learned, I'm sure its not the proper way to do it, but it works for me...
Find the root notes, B, G & A. Now repeat those notes over and over again. Then start to randomly throw in notes such as D, or F# or maybe an E. Keep doing this in different directions and order and see what comes out.
I wouldn't suggest just jamming over the scale pattern that is the "official" scale or key for those chord structures. If you do that, you just sound like everyone else and there's no fun in just jamming over something because someone told you do it. Well, there is, of course, but what I mean is, if you figure it out for yourself, you feel soooo much better!
There is certain benefits in playing a solo section with all scales suited to those chords, but I think its way more cool if you do by yourself!
Quote by Archeo Avis
"B B G A" means absolutely nothing. Elaborate.

Just all major chords in bars so first 2 bars are B major then it goes to G major then to A major, I didn't think it was that difficult to understand but sorry.

And also B minor really wouldn't work over the first two B major chords.
I wouldn't suggest just jamming over the scale pattern that is the "official" scale or key for those chord structures. If you do that, you just sound like everyone else

This is profoundly ignorant, and is nothing more than a watered down version of the "don't learn theory, play with feel" rants that I'm sick of hearing. Everyone should ignore the above post.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
This is profoundly ignorant, and is nothing more than a watered down version of the "don't learn theory, play with feel" rants that I'm sick of hearing. Everyone should ignore the above post.

You didn't know what B B G A meant? How can you say I'm being ignorant and don't know I'm talking about. I don't profess to know a whole about theory, I'm just trying encouraging self development.
I also tried to make it clear that it is no doubt advantageous to learn all methods of theory and their options, but that finding those methods out for yourself is what I personally found to be better. If you prefer reading it from a book, thats you.
You take this way to seriously mate.
And I'm sick of hearing people who don't read posts properly. I never said anything about theory being bad.
You didn't know what B B G A meant?

No, I didn't. This is largely because everybody who comes in here uses them to refer to something different. Using them to refer to major chords is far from obvious.
It's like B minor with an added raised third. Not any scale I know of, but its cool. Reminds me of porch by pearl jam
Quote by Archeo Avis
No, I didn't. This is largely because everybody who comes in here uses them to refer to something different. Using them to refer to major chords is far from obvious.

I agree with you totally, it was very vague and it can mean different things so I understand. But I just didn't appreciate the way you assumed I didn't know what I meant or that I disregard theory and am one of those dafties who ignores theory and just plays by feel, entirely; A bit of both is best.
But I shouldn't of returned with an insult, I'm sorry.
I tried using G major over it which didn't sound too bad but I don't know what it is supposed to be... Thanks for the help. I might try the B minor one.

And as to the people saying just writing B is unclear, I thought you would assume its a major chord, seeing as I just said it is the chord of B. I don't see how there could be any confusion but if there are other meaning for it then I appologise.
Quote by Archeo Avis
Agreed. While that's the standard convention, many people simply mean powerchords when they just give the root notes and assume we'll know that.

TS, it's fine that you're playing a minor third over a major chord; use the Bm pentatonic.
Try B major over the first two chords and B minor over the second two. That is not a diatonic progression and doesn't fit very nicely into any one key.
Quote by jdmarsh2005

It's a non diatonic progression, which is fine. But it means its alot harder to imporvise over.

B major over the first 2 chords and than D major over the next two chords would be the easiest and nicest sounding way to go.

You could play the B minor pentatonic scale over the whole thing for a very minimalistic approach, as minor pentatonics can sometimes work over major chords. I wouldnt play B minor though, I dont like the way the m6 clashes with the major chord.

Quote by AngryGoldfish
And I'm sick of hearing people who don't read posts properly. I never said anything about theory being bad.
And I'm sick of seeing people insult other people and than double post.
I'm going to use G#m on the first two chords and Bm over the second two

It sounds pretty good actually.
Quote by jdmarsh2005

sounds like kryptonite by 3doors down XD
Quote by bambi_slaughter

what sound does a baby make when you put it in a blender?
i dunno, i was to busy masturba ting.

Quote by maroon5mustdie
EVH. I saw him in concert. And his brother was seriously the worst bass player I've ever seen.

Quote by operation ktulu
if my guitar had a pussy, i would never leave my room
Quote by jdmarsh2005
I'm going to use G#m on the first two chords and Bm over the second two

It sounds pretty good actually.

It's not G#m if your tonal center is B.