Lo Peeps,

I am in need of a guitar with a fixed bridge. I have a Floyd equipped ESP at the moment and can't be arsed to faff about with the Floyd when experimenting with dropped tunings.

My budget is £550.

I play metal.

What would you guys recommend??
Last edited by Mullet38 at Jun 24, 2008,
look into jacksons and esps. they have hardtail guitars.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
ESP LTD are in my price range but not the full ESP models.

How does the Jackson SLSMG compare with the MH1000NT?
Quote by Mullet38
ESP LTD are in my price range but not the full ESP models.

How does the Jackson SLSMG compare with the MH1000NT?

I looooooove jackson but I don't like that model at all.

I have a mh-400NT that I bought specifically because I wanted an ESP with a fixed bridge. I like it quite a bit plus you don't have to spend your whole budget(and if you want to you can always get the 1000)

You could always buy a tremol-no for your current guitar.

http://www.tremol-no.com/
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Cheers bob...

I had meant the MH-400NT in my original post (mis-posted the 1000 model). Would you be able to upload some pics of the 400NT to this thread please? What does the colour on the body look like? Is it a blueish/black?

Thanks buddy
dude go with a gibson Faded special ( they have LP SG and V faded special SG and V are like 700 and LP like 800) or like a high end Dean or somin
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Its very hard to photograph what it really looks like, its a little darker than all the pictures I see. Definitely more blue/black rather than being purple looking.

It really looks incredible in person.

Edit: Picture works now
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

I tried to color balance the photo to be helpful and show what the guitar looks like in irl. Still some green and a lot of yellow left though. I tried...
^Yes to the schecter. I love those damned things.

Also: A ESP LTD Viper 400. If you want to tune looooooow, get the baritone version.
Quote by T!AN

I tried to color balance the photo to be helpful and show what the guitar looks like in irl. Still some green and a lot of yellow left though. I tried...

Appreciate the effort mate.

Looks a fine axe!

Does anyone have any further comment on the SLSMG? I can get hold of this for £50 more than the MH-400NT...
I've got a chance of getting hold of a Christain Wolbers DK-6 for £200.....considering I want an axe to drop tune for Killswitch esque tunes do you guys reckon I should go for it?
If you need more picture of the MH-1000. Look into my profile in the picture section...
Down to 3 now peeps

or

or

THIS

Remember...my current axe is an ESP M-II...
Last edited by Mullet38 at Jul 7, 2008,
Some pics of the JD....

To be honest I am leaning towards this in big way now. The very fact that it's a little different to my M-II is part of it but as the pics show, it also looks really sweet!

Thoughts peeps??
maybe an ibanez rga121?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Schecter Hellraiser?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
"can't be arsed to faff about" ???? oh my god you U.K.'ers are funny.
...sorry i have no constructive comment..."arsed to faff"...ha ha...love it
^^ The thing to look for on the RGA121s is they're supposed to have pretty lame sustain even though they're hardtail.

I have to admit, I'm digging the ESP JD as well. Although I think the Washburn is solid as well.

And sorry to go off topic, but when did he switch from Washburn? I think it's hilarious that he had ESP make what is basically the exact same thing as his Washburn sig except with couple tiny changes.
i dunno, the one i tried seemed to have fine sustain. but i didn't try it next to anything which had known good sustain, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ To be completely honest, I never got around to trying the RGA121 because I knocked it off the list of contenders once I heard about the sustain issues from pifty. Anything I hear about Ibanez's from pifty I pretty much consider law.

It might not be that bad, but if I'm spending that much on a hardtail, I don't think sustain should be an issue.
aye pifty's generally pretty trustworthy when it comes to ibanez. As i said, I liked the one I tried, but it's entirely possible that i tried a disproportionately good one (or pifty tried bad ones), or of course maybe i was just dopey that day...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Consider the Washburn X50 Pro FE. I was in the same boat about a year ago looking for a fixed bridge guitar for rock/metal. I tried MANY different guitars and finally decided on the Washburn for its playability and features. Here's a video of me playing a cover song with it. The lighting is bad so you can't really see the finish too well, but I think it's a beautiful guitar.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2WHEgRdPc3c
ESP KH-2
Washburn X50 Pro FE
ESP LTD M-107
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Marshall 8100 "Valvestate" Head
Mashall 1960A 4x12 cab
Line6 POD X3

Please check out my guitar cover videos on YouTube:
www.youtube.com/killrbuckeye
Hey bud.... (my alias on youtube is Crankmeister) so we have been chatting about this already. The bang-for-buck on the Washburn seems superb (in the UK they are £376)

Have you seen this in the transblack version?

(nice vid)
Quote by Mullet38
Hey bud.... (my alias on youtube is Crankmeister) so we have been chatting about this already. The bang-for-buck on the Washburn seems superb (in the UK they are £376)

Have you seen this in the transblack version?

(nice vid)
Oh hey Crankmeister! Are you sure that price is for the X50 Pro FE and not the plain X50 Pro? Only the FE version has the EMG active pickups. Mine came to almost $800 USD after tax, so either I got ripped off or you found a REALLY good deal.

Only thing that's bothering me right now is that I just changed to the .12-.56 strings like I mentioned to you previously, and I'm getting a lot of fret buzz. However, I have very little experience setting up guitars, so I'm hoping it's just something I need to adjust. I already raised the saddle height quite a bit, but that didn't seem to help.
ESP KH-2
Washburn X50 Pro FE
ESP LTD M-107
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Mashall 1960A 4x12 cab
Line6 POD X3

Hey Chris,

Yes, the one I have seen online HERE seems an OK deal...but am still passing gas for THIS

Any thoughts/advice???
Quote by Mullet38
Hey Chris,

Yes, the one I have seen online HERE seems an OK deal...but am still passing gas for THIS

Any thoughts/advice???
Wow I didn't realize the exchange rate was so bad for the dollar! 379 pounds is $750 USD, so that seems reasonable to me now. My advice is to try to play both before you make a decision! I haven't played that ESP LTD, so I can't comment on it. It seems that the feature content is very similar between the two, although the ESP only has 22 frets, which is a big minus for me. It comes down to playability and aesthetics, and unfortunately you can't judge playability unless you can find both in nearby stores.
ESP KH-2
Washburn X50 Pro FE
ESP LTD M-107
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Mashall 1960A 4x12 cab
Line6 POD X3

Therein is the problem for me...I can get to a local shop which stocks the X50 Pro FE but am unable to get to a shop to try the ESP LTD JD600.

Helpppppppppppppp
Quote by Mullet38
Therein is the problem for me...I can get to a local shop which stocks the X50 Pro FE but am unable to get to a shop to try the ESP LTD JD600.

Helpppppppppppppp
Honestly I think you'll be happy with either guitar based on the ESP LTDs that I have played. Unfortunately when I was trying guitars in local stores, I think there was only one fixed bridge ESP LTD guitar that I got my hands on. It was one of the SG-like body styles and it played great. I just really don't like the SG body style, so that's why I didn't consider it. If you really like the look of the ESP LTD, then I think you should go for it.
ESP KH-2
Washburn X50 Pro FE
ESP LTD M-107
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Mashall 1960A 4x12 cab
Line6 POD X3

Cheers,

How do you think THIS compares with the JD600?

Would this be easier for me to play given the neck dimensions and the fact that I already play an ESP M-II?
That MH-400NT seems very similar to the Washburn X50 Pro FE. I'm having trouble figuring out what makes the JD600 more expensive than the MH-400NT. The features seem so similar. And I'm not sure I understand your question about neck dimensions, but I think you'll adjust to whatever you get.
ESP KH-2
Washburn X50 Pro FE
ESP LTD M-107
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Mashall 1960A 4x12 cab
Line6 POD X3

Well peeps...big news...my axe gas has been dealt with.

A JD600 will be winging its way to me shortly..will post some pics up as soon as I can.

Congrats on the purchase. I'm sure you'll love it.
ESP KH-2
Washburn X50 Pro FE
ESP LTD M-107
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Mashall 1960A 4x12 cab
Line6 POD X3

Cheers bud!

Will get some pics up asap!

Just need to make a decision on some appropriate strings for some dropped C chugging!!

Quote by Mullet38
Cheers bud!

Will get some pics up asap!

Just need to make a decision on some appropriate strings for some dropped C chugging!!

D'addario 10-52s are good for that guitar looks awesome by the way, congratulations!
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Quote by Friendly Stoat
D'addario 10-52s are good for that guitar looks awesome by the way, congratulations!

Thanks mate!!! I am sooo excited, will be good to get something that looks sweet drop tune so I don't have to faff with the OFR on my M-II!

I'm a huuuuge Killswitch Engage fan and have been looking at these, the JZ12s, I think Adam D. from KsE plays these:

http://www.mansons.co.uk/shopping/brands/dr-electric-strings/dr/jazz-tite-fit-1252/

Anyone played with these?