Lately ive been having a problem with my guitar, every time i tune the B and the high E string to perfect tuning, i play the first fret to the 21st fret and the notes slightly go out of tune as i get higher on the neck, i know this is a problem because ive been playing guitar for 4 years and i know when the open strings are in tune, i tried adjusting my neck, but it didn't seem to work..any help would be great, thanks
sounds like your intonation

a bridge position prob id say. what geetar?

and id get it re setup by ure local music shop
it's an intonation problem, what kind of guitar do you have?
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
get it re set up and if ure vaguely seriouse about guitar get a new one i gave up on my squier after 2 years
could be a dead fret or a neck prob
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
Sounds like an intonation problom to me. You'll have to adjust the bridge.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
well i noticed where the E string is attached to the bridge it is slightly crooked, and i tried tightening it but it wouldnt help
Sorry to bring up this old thread, but I don't want to start a whole new thread.

I'm having the same problem on my Schechter C-1 Plus. Is it related to the action of my strings, because my action is pretty low which might be the cause. Also, how much would it cost to bring it into the shop? (I don't want to do it myself, i've never messed around with bridge positions).

Also will a string change help this at all? I plan on changing them soon.
Last edited by Armanno at Jul 4, 2008,