Poll: which?
Poll Options
View poll results: which?
angled cab?
19 79%
straight?
5 21%
Voters: 24.
im planning on getting a 6506 head, and maybe an Avatar cab, and now im deciding on which to get. an angled cab or straight. i, myself, think any stack looks best with an angled cab, but then again, i havnt compared sound. which would you suggest?
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
I don't think angled or straight cabs have a difference in sound, but some people might...

Somehow....

And, I think nagled cabs look cooler...
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Angled spreads the sound better, but I'd use the Avatar 4x12 money on something like a Mesa 2x12 instead.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Angled = better sound spread like : \ ^^^
| >>>>>>

Flat = More bass and forwards distribution like : | >>>>>
| >>>>>

Really bad diagram, but it means it'll sound better to you if you use an angled cab on it's own rather than a flat cab by itself, at the cleaner frequencies reach your ears
ohai little sig.
I like how my angled cab projects sound better, but my angled cab is a tad thicker sounding, but has poorer projection capabilities.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Slaytanic1993
I don't think angled or straight cabs have a difference in sound, but some people might...

Somehow....

And, I think nagled cabs look cooler...

Angled cabs spread out the sound more, project it up as well as straight. I like the look more too
Personally, I prefer the look and sound of the straight cabs. I don't really need it projecting at my ears, and I like the way the straight cabs handle the lowend response. I don't if it's having all the speakers on the same plane, or the larger dimension of the sound cavity, but I've also preferred the way they record, at least with the ones I've owned.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
yeah but angled always gets top... thats got to count for something
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.