http://youtube.com/user/stinger325

Here's a link to a guy who uses the Peavey XXX and holy **** does it ever sound nice. I've watched this guys cover songs quite a bit, but it was only tonight that I actually read what gear he was using. The XXX sounds nice as hell and for all of you wondering what it may sound like, here's a great example of what it could be used for.

PS, Hope the linkiing is okay, if not I can delete the post or something. Thanks.
Yuck scooped mids.
Anyway, I don't know if this is genuine or you're just trying to get views, so I've reported the thread to let Jof see what he thinks mmkay.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Trying to get views?

I just thought I'd show people what the XXX sounds like, I thought it sounded pretty good for a few of his BLS tunes. What would getting views have to do with anything?
Someone should make a video of the horrified look on his face when someone with a 30 watt blues amp completely batters the shit out of his full stack in a jam because he can't EQ to save his life. That fuzzy mess of a tone would get completely buried in a mix. In fact it almost gets buried by its own hiss in that video.

THAT would get 5 stars from me.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
The tone sounds like ass.

Not good ass either.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
The tone sounds like ass.

Not good ass either.

+1
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Huh, I actually thought it sounded pretty good, but my no means am I a tone guru yet so you'll have to forgive me. I agree that mids shouldn't be scooped as much as they are, but I thought it sounded good.
Heres my clip of the combo if anyones wondering, it sounds scooped but thats just the crappy recording http://youtube.com/watch?v=t9Me_zYbwKY
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
It's too bad soooo many people dial in XXX's like that because when eq'd right they can sound thick, huge and juicy.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by SkateEmerica987
Heres my clip of the combo if anyones wondering, it sounds scooped but thats just the crappy recording http://youtube.com/watch?v=t9Me_zYbwKY

That sounds pretty good. I'd like to get one of those, or the 5150 combo, which would be more than enough for jams and smaller gigs. Have two people interested in my Randall half stac k so hopefully I'll be having some XXX or 5150 vids to put up as well. The mids are a little too scooped yeah, but with just a slight adjustment, it'd be ****ing killer.
I think the best thing about that video is it proves that full stacks hilariously out of place anywhere other than on stage...

At least to me...
Quote by Van Noord
It's too bad soooo many people dial in XXX's like that because when eq'd right they can sound thick, huge and juicy.

I know, I went looking for some good clips and all I got was way too much gain with scooped mids. Yuck