I was looking through the Rekords Rekords website (Queens of the Stone Age, Eagles of Death Metal, Desert Session, Mondo Generator, Fatso Jetson, Like Hell, etc.) and I found this link:

http://www.secretwalltattoos.com/

Apparently, people (I'm assuming band members, this seems like something Josh Homme might do) take down paintings and mirrors (even a toilet!) off of the walls of hotel rooms and draw "secret wall tattoos" behind them. It looks really awesome, they call it "time-released anarchy art".

What does the Pit think?
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
I know! I'm totally doing that next time I'm in a hotel/motel room without anyone who wouldn't go for it. Family comes to mind...

If you look through the pictures, they're actually all really well done. I saw a funny one they did on the back of a sliding, mirrored closet door.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Wow, that's unbelievably original. They should patent that right thar.

Seriously though, it is pretty awesome. I shat bricks at the bathroom one where the painting is a fake mirror with The Scream in its reflection.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Last edited by [x]Huffy[x] at Jun 24, 2008,
New best one so far:

They take the bed out, leave the headboard, and put down a taped outline of a body with what looks like bloodied bandages. Awesome!
Quote by Pauldapro
Some art related things just make me feel all warm inside, like this does. Think the one before that was 1000 Journals.

Definitely doing this next time I stay somewhere. Going to Greece in July, so there's my oppurtunity.
I love that site...I remember when they started dropping hints about their new art project on the RR forum.

They copied the idea from John Lennon, if I remember correctly. Those are the hotels the band stayed in on their tour between Songs for the Deaf and Lullabies.
It looks cool, but not something I would do.
and this moment keeps on movin'
we were never meant to hold on.
New awesome (I'm actually annoying myself with my posts, ugh...):

Behind a painting above a headboard of a bed:

"If you are flammable and have legs...
you are never blocking a fire exit
-Mitch Hedberg 1968-2005"

In a murderer's scrawl, it looks awesome. And they have good taste!
Quote by Pauldapro
Anybody else going to buy an assload of sharpies after seeing this?

I definitely am.
Quote by Pauldapro
Thats awesome. Some of those are good works of art, especially for just being done in Sharpie mostly. If I ever get a chance to do something like that, i definately will.