There really isn't a bomb, involved but I was thinking it would attract more help, but my situation does involve red and black wires, and dangerous explosions. I have a Marshall Valvestate vs15, and today I was trying to play but my amp wasn't working for some reason. So I looked in the back and the red and black wires that connect the input to the speaker were undone. Now this is where the issue comes in. I have no idea which side they go on. They are easy to put back on but I have no idea which is which. I'm thinking that the red goes on the left and the black goes on the right but I'm not risking the explosion of either my amp, my guitar or my house. Help?
This one does not indicate which port is + and which port is -, I'm not an idiot man, I work on computers, VCRs, DVD players, all that. I know what positive and negative is, I just don't know whether black is left and red is right or vice versa. This amp is from before we moved production to the Asian countries, when England used to make them.
try both combinations and see which works that's what i'd do atleast
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Dude Your kidding me right? If I was to try both combinations and the first one I did was wrong, the output side of it would explode. The amp has a 40 watt input and a 15 watt output, and if the two compete, boom.
Nah, not really. Just try both. The polarity doesn't really matter.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
^^Your grasp of how amps work is stunning.
Nothing will happen if you get it wrong. The speaker has an in and an out, and it doesn't matter which one goes with which. Connect the red to one and the black to the other, and it will work, unless there has been additional amp damage.
red is + and black is - ... pretty standard but it won't kill you if you mess up
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
^^Your grasp of how amps work is stunning.
Nothing will happen if you get it wrong. The speaker has an in and an out, and it doesn't matter which one goes with which. Connect the red to one and the black to the other, and it will work, unless there has been additional amp damage.

There's plenty. This amp has been blown about 3 times, Overpowered, dropped, watered at one point, and rescued from a burning house. Its gone through a lot. Thats why I don't trust it.
Quote by UltraVai445
There's plenty. This amp has been blown about 3 times, Overpowered, dropped, watered at one point, and rescued from a burning house. Its gone through a lot. Thats why I don't trust it.

Why don't you replace it then?
^It doesn't matter. The speaker doesn't care about polarity, it will work in either direction. When playing with an extension cab, if one of them happens to be wired in the opposite polarity, it will sound thin. Then you can just switch the wires and keep playing. Without another cab, there's no wrong answer.