Ok this is REALLY weird.

Yesterday, I was rocking out on my guitar with a buddy when all of a sudden I stopped hearing my *awesome* guitar playing. Right away i figured their must be a short in my cable, so I unplugged every thing and tried another cable. (I had it set up like this: amp<cable>distortion pedal<cable>guitar but when i went to do the check with another cable i did this: amp<cable>guitar) It worked fine, so I stuck with my first assumption. Then today, i went to see if i could patch it up and not have to buy another cable. So i took took the cable that had the short in it and plugged it directly from my guitar into the amp. It worked fine! I was stumped. So i bought down the pedal and another cord and plugged it in the same way i had it the previous day. No sound. So THEN I started thinking, oh crap. my pedal. I thought i had fried it or something because the previous day, i needed another power adapter for the pedal. So took another adapter from something else and patched it. (it was - o + i needed + o - so i cut the cord and flipped it around, taped it and plugged it in) So i thought i had done something wrong and fried my pedal but then i swapped the cords so the one with the 'short' was going from the amp to the pedal and the other cable was going from the pedal to my guitar. Worked fine! So what the heck! Any ideas? i still believe there is something wrong with the cable, but i don't know 100%.
Quote by dr.rock666
..what?

+1 im with you, wtf just happened?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I suggest you select the least popular of the woman-creatures, and fart directly in her face.
Quote by dr.rock666
..what?

Exactly!....-_-

Quote by gnomieowns
you fixed it. the end.

Well there is STILL a short, only when i use the cable with the 'short' between the pedal and the guitar. works fine between amp and pedal or just from amp to guitar.

I've asked the other people that live here and they were all like, what the hell. It's really not a problem, seeing that i can just swap it, i just want to know whats going on.
sometimes a cable starts to break and when you move it it works again. maybe it got tossed around and it will stop working again.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
^^ I'm with him...but im confused
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
I had that too, in the end, I had to toss it around every minute or so, then I got tired of it and got a new cable
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

<insert the forbidden picture here>

I honestly can't make any sense out of this thread whatsoever.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Sounds to me you had a dying cable that was built to last (read: piss off the owner while it takes forever to die under his nose.) I'm not sure though, could be pedal -> cable compatability issues.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by Blompcube
<insert the forbidden picture here>

don't you dare
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
FYI, if you want more answers to your topic try writing less. Although I do applaud you for giving as much information as you can. Maybe try some point form, ex:

1) I bought a guitar
2) I plugged it in
3) It caught fire
4) My hamster died
Quote by The red Strat.
why is it forbidden anyway ? i loved that pear...

it's overused, use the search bar as there have been many threads containig that question

EDIT: dammit blomp, you've gotten that image stuck in my head now
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Last edited by shredhead22 at Jun 25, 2008,