Okay so I've noticed a lot lately that my string are really loose. I go between standard/drop d to d tuning/drop c and it feels like im going from loose to really loose. it's usually not a problem and i sort of like it for bending purposes but the problem comes in when i try to strum fast, the strings just sort of flop around a lot and messes up my strumming; it feels like my pick almost gets stuck. I played my friend's MIM strat and i think it had 10's, maybe even thicker on it, and it felt like this wasnt a problem. I'm currently using 9's so i was wondering if switching string gauge would help the problem at all. If yes, will i need any work done the the guitar as far as deepening the nut done or will the switch from 9's to 10's be small enough that it should be fine? If the string gauge isn't the problem, what is? I have fairly low action, i know that loosens things a bit but it seems like theres something more to it. thanks in advance!
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
alright, is string gauge the real problem though?
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
yea pretty much all u need to do is get new strings

edit: bigger gauge strings
ƒuck your nuts
So would it be best to switch to tens for now, build my finger strength and then just keep moving up as needed?
Into:
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Quote by meanppls7
what tuning are you using?

I only have one guitar for now so i switch between standard/drop d and d tuning/drop c
Into:
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
yea you should change to .10s they wont be so wobbly when you go down to drop c
ƒuck your nuts