I've just learned Paranoid Android by Radiohead and I've been trying to sing at the same time, but it is near impossible. Are there any exercises to help singing and playing at the same time like there are for just playing?
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Quote by Vasser
I've just learned Paranoid Android by Radiohead and I've been trying to sing at the same time, but it is near impossible. Are there any exercises to help singing and playing at the same time like there are for just playing?

Dave Mustaine said that the best exercice is to talk while playing.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Everything I've read says to get the lyrcs down right away then just start adding the guitar and keep practicing tell you get it.

De Lobo Y Hombre

Dean Dave Mustaine V VMNTX * Epiphone SG Special
Digitech RP250 * Boss MT-2
Fender FM 25 DSP Frontman * Epiphone 10w Practice Amp

yeah what QuebecMetal said...that and look at what words they say at certain chord changes or at what beat/chord it's on at the beginning of a start of a verse or chorus
dont try tto do some crazy guitar playing/shredding while singing as your first attempts at singing/playing.

get simple songs wih power chords and get used to not looking a the guitar while playing and singing at the same time
it makes it easier and eventually you will get used to it

im sure the dude from BMFV took years to be able to do what he does on his guitar and lead sing.
First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
That sounds like pretty good advice, thanks.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
It took me a while but listen to the song, play, and sing along if you can. Or just walk around with a guitar and talk to people. xD