Whats so good about the Slash epiphone LP compared to a Epiphone les paul standard?
visuals mostly
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
dude it says SLASH on it thats worth 2 maybe 3 grand right there
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
I had heard a rumor that it has a long neck tenon. Can anyone confirm this?

If that were true, I would definitely consider it to be an upgrade from the Epi Standard (warranting at least some of its markup in price).
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
pickups, long tenon, Slash neck profile, different color, different tuners

they are very nice. my GC has a few.... very nice guitars imo
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top - $550 USD
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Electric-Guitar?sku=518341&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=26044293

Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro Set (Bridge and Neck) - $180 USD
http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--SEMAPH1B

Epiphone Les Paul Hardshell Case - $70 USD
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Hardshell-Case?sku=517248

An Epiphone Les Paul with these additions will get you most of the way to becoming the "Slash Signature" model, and it will cost you about $800 USD. The Slash signature model will cost you $1000 USD.

So, you need to ask yourself if these additional options warrant another $200:

Long Neck Tenon - For me, this is a fairly good addition to the overall construction of the guitar, considering that you will never find another long neck tenon in a Les Paul unless you purchase an Elitist Les Paul or a Gibson Custom Les Paul.

Locktone Stop-bar - I guess this is a nice addition, although I personally don't buy that this adds any sustain to the guitar. To be honest, I could do without this, but I don't dislike it either.

The Slash fan factor - If you really like Slash, Slash's name on the guitar and on the hardshell case is probably worth at least a few bucks to you. Additionally, the package comes with a numbered certificate of authenticity, a Slash inspired strap, Slash signature picks, and the Slash autobiography hardback book (a $30 value, I believe)
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
Its a collectors item. Sure you could get the same guitar for $200 less, but in 25 years from now that guitar will have a lot of value. Think about the value when slash dies.
Doesnt it come with a top hat?
Gibson SG Standard
MIJ 57 Fender Strat

Marshall JVM & Fender Blues Junior NOS

Dunlop Crybaby from Hell, EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress, Boss DS1, EHX Big Muff, EHX Digital Delay, MXR Dyna Comp
Quote by greyalien
Doesnt it come with a top hat?

we wish.
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!