k so i got 11s for my guitar. gauges are 11-52 but i only have 3 springs on my floyd rose. so i need to put another one on. how do i do that?
all hail dimebag

92% of teenagers have moved to rap, put this in your sig if your the 8% that listens to real music.
what guitar is it? more importantly is it an OFR or something else?
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
the way i did it was, loosen the strings, then with the tremolo bar, pull up so that the springs aren't stretching, take the springs out, then put them to where 2 are on each side
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
We need more info man, was there 11s on there before? If you're switching gauges, you're going to have a field day with that bridge.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by im_atheist
what guitar is it? more importantly is it an OFR or something else?

This is all important, but also are you running the 3 springs you have in a straight pull or in a teepee fassion?
Edit: Also, what tuning are you using for the 11's
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
sorry bout no details. no i didnt have 11s before, i had 9s, they are straight, i ahve an ibanez rg 320, and i dont think its an OFR im not sure though, and im gonnna use standard, and drop d tuning
all hail dimebag

92% of teenagers have moved to rap, put this in your sig if your the 8% that listens to real music.
Quote by mr.brownstone_6
sorry bout no details. no i didnt have 11s before, i had 9s, they are straight, i ahve an ibanez rg 320, and i dont think its an OFR im not sure though, and im gonnna use standard, and drop d tuning

OH GOD HELP YOU IF THAT THING HAS AN EDGE III
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
ok, based on that, here is my opinion...
First off i wouldn't go to 11's unless you are a strong man (i'm a skinny little dude)
But if you are hell bent on 11's, I'd run four springs II II. Two on each side, but you will also need to re-calibrate the saddles for intonation, on an RG 320 you likely have an Ibanez edge 2, a pretty good vibrato. Also if you are switching to drop D, make sure you have the low E fine tuner down a good bit so you can loosen it for drop d, this will through the rest of your strings out a little bit though. This is gonna be a tough job, get your sweat rag out!
Quote by im_atheist
OH GOD HELP YOU IF THAT THING HAS AN EDGE III

True! I have an edge III, I've learned to tame it to my tastes and have grown to like it, but it IS NOT FOR CHANGING TUNINGS!
Quote by ValoRhoads

True! I have an edge III, I've learned to tame it to my tastes and have grown to like it, but it IS NOT FOR CHANGING TUNINGS!

unless you got a tremol-no like me

greatest invention for crappy trems.
Quote by woodsballplayer
unless you got a tremol-no like me

greatest invention for crappy trems.

I'll admit that I have a bunch of LFRs that perform better than the edge III, but with ALOT of love and experiment, I got it to work right... It was a BITCH though!
Quote by mr.brownstone_6
k so i got 11s for my guitar. gauges are 11-52 but i only have 3 springs on my floyd rose. so i need to put another one on. how do i do that?

you may not even need to put another spring on. I thought I did but all I had to do was adjust the spring tension in the back