hey i was looking at the warmoth website and i was thinkin of making an explorer style guitar and was wondering how easily you can put em together (i was also wondering if you can easily put in EMG actives or if i should stick with the passive pickups) and how they sound compred to the ESP EX 400 and the Dean lack gold Z.

Thanks
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
na dude u order the parts and U put em together
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
I think they'll put them together for you if you buy a whole set.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
^No, they won't. You have to do it yourself. If you've never installed a pickup or done any guitar repair, I wouldn't suggest trying to jump in and put an entire instrument together right off the bat. It's not difficult, but it's not a good way to learn.
Quote by Iceman 420
It shouldn't be too hard if you're handy with a screw-driver and soldering gun.

Pretty much says it.

As for quality, they easily match/exceed the 400 and deluxe series from LTD. Careful though, it can get expensive fast.

If you want to keep the cost down, order everything you want as far as body/neck and shot for all the hardware on the used market. Also, if you know how to finish a body (paint it that is), you can save yourself at least $100 if you do the paint/seal yourself.

On the other hand, if you can afford all the bells and whistles, you won't be dis-pleased with a warmoth.

Oh yeah, one other thing to watch out for. If you want a 24 fret neck, they do theirs a little funny. They use a 22 fret neck and put a 24 fret fret-board on it. This makes a little 2 fret "over-hang" on the bottom of the neck. Just letting you know.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
They make really nice stuff. It can be expensive you start adding alot of options. But no you gotta do the assembly. And if youve never done any guitar work not a good way to start.