Im thinking about getting a Yngwie Malmsteen Strat since i want a strat, i love yngwie, i love the color, and i think it sound pretty damn good.

Any of you have trying one of those scalopped babies?

Thanks
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
I've always wanted to try a scalloped neck
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by mcrfobtai
I would advise you to try it extensivly as the scalloped frets may not be right for you.

+5000

if you just go out and buy it on the internet with out trying it, you could **** your self so bad...
Scalloped necks are totally different to play, and you should make sure it's what you want.
Shiny metallic purple armor.
Yeah. It is really an amazing guitar, but you will get carpel tunnel if you play it extensively.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by FLCLcowdude
Yeah. It is really an amazing guitar, but you will get carpel tunnel if you play it extensively.

Totally depends on how you hold your guitar. If you're keeping your wrists relaxed while you play you're safe.

Definitely a "try-before-you-buy" thing though.

Also, you can make one for a lot cheaper. Warmoth scalloped neck + mighty mite body is less than half of a new Malmsteen sig.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
It needs to be burned with lots of scratches and stuff. xD

Actually Guitar World magazine in front of me has an interview with him and a poster of his Fender. It's amazingly awesome. It's so rugged and you can see where it's been burned. Beautiful guitar.
Quote by welcom2duhjungl
It needs to be burned with lots of scratches and stuff. xD

Actually Guitar World magazine in front of me has an interview with him and a poster of his Fender. It's amazingly awesome. It's so rugged and you can see where it's been burned. Beautiful guitar.

I think the OP meant just a standard sig model, which is a lot cheaper than an overpriced replica and completely different specs.

+100 on the try before you buy thing though.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
Quote by Ghold125
+5000

if you just go out and buy it on the internet with out trying it, you could **** your self so bad...

Though, you admit, not as badly screwed as you would be with a scalloped set neck guitar.

just saying.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
^Yeah, If you get one and really dont like the scalloped neck, you could always just buy a new neck for it
Can i get a link for those warmoth scalopped neck ?

If its decent i will just buy a MIM Yellow-ish strat and add dimarzio and the neck.

FACEBOOK
Half Scallop from the 12th through 22nd fret: $90.00

I ****ing came i seriously wanted the scalopped frets just for the awsome vibrato during solo's.

I will buy a strat, i will buy this neck, I WILL ****ING ENJOY

Haha 200x thanks dude

FACEBOOK
Quote by mogar
Totally depends on how you hold your guitar. If you're keeping your wrists relaxed while you play you're safe.

Definitely a "try-before-you-buy" thing though.

Also, you can make one for a lot cheaper. Warmoth scalloped neck + mighty mite body is less than half of a new Malmsteen sig.

It's not that much cheaper actually. A mighty mite body is about 200 shipped to your door. A warmoth neck is about 350 shipped to your door. Add in tuners for 70 bucks, a trem system for 80, and then a pickguard, pots and pickups, for another say, 300 (3 pickups, 3 pots, and a pickguard) It's not that much cheaper. You'd get a better quality scallop this way, but a worse body than if you went fender.

And as far as scallopedness go, its quite easy to get used to if you string it up wtih a heavier gauge at first, say 11's. and then work your way down to whatever gauge you usually use. It's much less stress on the hand. And if you do decide to go warmoth, get a THICK neck. Because if you get a thin neck with scallops, it will be quite uncomfortable.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Last edited by kool98769 at Jun 25, 2008,
I tried one at NAMM, & it's, well, just plain weird for me. It's kind of cool in a way, though, because you get a lot of control with your vibrato, but if you press too hard, the notes go sharp. Would definitely take a bit of getting used to. Try one first!!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
im also thinking about getting a scalloped neck, but where can i try one? i tried one for just a minute and i kind of liked it, but i didnt have an amp.
Plus your paying a lot of extra ching just for the name.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd