Hey guys, I tried using a guitar with a tune-o-matic bridge and I noticed something about the action.

The action on the higher frets is CONSIDERABLY higher than on the lower frets. This is.. actually really lame. Can these bridges not be adjusted to fix that or what?

The reason I ask is because my next guitar is going to be hardtail and majority of the models I am looking at have this bridge
Quote by deli_creep

*PEAR*

if i get banned....it was worth it.
Depends on the guitar, how it's built (things like neck pitch), how well it's set up, what you are tryign to play with it. etc. Setup should allow enough room for the string to vibrate normally without excessive fret buzz when played normally. This vibration will move the strings the most in the center of their speaking length (between the nut and saddles). Keeping this in mind, the height of the action may need to be different for different players depending on how hard one picks. There is no such thing as perfect for everyone. I've played guitars that I think are way too low, as well as those that are too high.
The TOM is the most adjustable bridge I can think of, actually. The one you played just wasn't set up properly.
it was setup poorly. tune-o-matic's are awesome, but i just wish they stayed in tune better. that's what locking tuners are for though
Quote by Roc8995
The TOM is the most adjustable bridge I can think of, actually. The one you played just wasn't set up properly.

this would make sense as it was off the shelf at a store.
Quote by deli_creep

*PEAR*

if i get banned....it was worth it.
the only problem I've ever had with tune-o-matics is intonation, yours just wasn't set up right, or the neck pitch on the guitar wasn't right.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Sounds like a bowed neck to me. Tune o matics can get extremely low action all over the neck. (It's just my opinion, but I think they are the all around best bridge)
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!