I just caught myself before I made a bad mistake..I'm refinishing my guitar and my plan was to paint the Union Jack on it. But at the last minute I tried putting some different colors on it to see what else would look good. I used red, black, and white and got this..

Looks alot like this, doesn't it?

But my question to you all is, would my guitar look too much like the Nazi War Flag if I painted it that scheme?

I think it looks just fine.
Quote by AlecMag
You have made a potentially boring thread epic. Be proud.

Quote by rabidguitarist
deanwad could be right, actually.

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
no way man, it looks great.if any people DO bug you about it tell them that everything rainbow means gay pride.
Just shrink the British flag... And on't put the Nazi sign on it. kthxbai
Quote by VoodooChild15
I used to take my penis out and touch stuff with it when no one was looking.

Quote by teensean
THANK YOU!!! i love you Snyde_Platypus!!!

I explained "lulz" =D
sort of, but unless you put a swastika on it I doubt many people would notice.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
its similar, but honestly, i dont think many people will think that its meant to be a nazi flag.
i prob wouldn't have noticed unless you mentioned it
~ Purchase your tickets; I'm kicking your crosses down ~
I didn't even know about a Nazi flag. Do I win?
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
I think it looks really good, and you shouldn't care if someone gives you **** about it looking like a swastika. If they are renouncing you because of their assumption that you're a nazi, and not because of their taste in music, then they don't really deserve to be your fans anyway.
lol i doesnt really look like it except the colors.
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP ltd FX-400
Epiphone les paul jr.

Amps:
Line 6 spider II combo 30 watt
Krank Rev. Jr. full stack tube.
i didn't think of it at all until i scrolled down and saw the other flag, but if you say just because it's black white and red it is remenisent of nazi-ism, then anything those colours would be in essence, i think it looks awsome in those colours
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
it looks mor like a stretchout version of the iron cross to me, but anyways it wont be nazi if it doesnt do the bends, also just tell the people the swastica isnt a nazi created symbol, it was created by an ancient tribe which i believe it meant peace, it just has a bad reputation because a group of white supremists went a little over board and started killing whity along with everyone else, apparently when a group that doesnt have a nice little history behind it uses a logo it taints the logo, and all affiliats, kind of like FoB doing "beat it" ruined the sogns reputation imo at least

edit - i took a light joke to a bad event and i am sorry but im not deleting because it would require rewriting, but i do apologize i do not belive in what they did nor do i condon it, please everyone just gather hands and sing together, then jimi will start playing the solo of the gods behind out lyrics
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Last edited by F8iscruel at Jun 24, 2008,

I'm thinking about painting my guitar to look like this:

I'm pretty sure I'd screw it up horribly though, even if I laid down tape and everything.

Edit: If you hadn't pointed it out I nevert would have made the correlation between that design and the Nazi war flag
the point isn't that it looks like a swastika, it's that its of similar colors and design to the nazi battle flag.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by F8iscruel
it looks mor like a stretchout version of the iron cross to me, but anyways it wont be nazi if it doesnt do the bends, also just tell the people the swastica isnt a nazi created symbol, it was created by an ancient tribe which i believe it meant peace, it just has a bad reputation because a group of white supremists went a little over board and started killing whity along with everyone else, apparently when a group that doesnt have a nice little history behind it uses a logo it taints the logo, and all affiliats, kind of like FoB doing "beat it" ruined the sogns reputation imo at least

edit - i took a light joke to a bad event and i am sorry but im not deleting because it would require rewriting, but i do apologize i do not belive in what they did nor do i condon it, please everyone just gather hands and sing together, then jimi will start playing the solo of the gods behind out lyrics

Actually I think it was created by East Indian's and the symbol originally meant peace, but the nazi's actaully changed the direction of all the lines , if you look at the original it's the other way around

and I think it looks pretty cool
My favorite band is Tool.

Quote by dio_dude
despite the funny name, unknownpunkrock is the coolest 08'er.

Ibanez GRG
Vox AD30VT
Randall RG50TC
Takamine C128
Dano Wah
Yamaha S90
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
the point isn't that it looks like a swastika, it's that its of similar colors and design to the nazi battle flag.

i dont think the average person would look ate red whit and black and think nazi, i mean someone might think "must kill lincon" but seriously do worry about it just show it to a bunch of people without showing them what you theink it looks like and see wht the consenice on it is then if its decided to be nazi colors change it
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

Exactly. That's why I'm kind of reluctant to paint it like that..
Quote by unknownpunkrock
Actually I think it was created by East Indian's and the symbol originally meant peace, but the nazi's actaully changed the direction of all the lines , if you look at the original it's the other way around

and I think it looks pretty cool

i knew it was something along those lines , thnx
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
change the inlaid on the fretboard to nazi signs and you are set

NM your trying not to look nazi my bad
its better if youre german
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
I tried changing it so the stripes are red and white and the rest is black, but it just doesn't look as good as the other version.

I have a feeling everyone is gonna call it "the Nazicaster."

I really like the union jack. I think there should be some blue on there.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
People are ignorant. Besides, most war movies show the Nazi flag as a red flag, with a white circle with the swastika in the center. No stripes. Don't worry.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
I think I'm going to end up staying with these colors. I'd rather one person say my guitar looks like the Nazi War Flag and ten people say it looks cool.

That made more sense in my head..
Well I'm Jewish and usually we have a 6th sense if theres something Nazi'ish going on and my Jew senses did not tingle, you should be fine.
Feed your mind.
Quote by Firebread
Well I'm Jewish and usually we have a 6th sense if theres something Nazi'ish going on and my Jew senses did not tingle, you should be fine.

omg that is the best statment of all time, bravo firebread bravo
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
Quote by Firebread

Sigged.