12 18%
Schecter C-1 Plus
14 21%
ESP LTD EC-400VF
2 3%
Fender Standard Telecaster
7 10%
Voters: 68.
For mainly playing blues, classic rock, and hard rock which one of these guitars would fit the bill the best in tone/quality/craftsmanship, etc...?

I play metal/shred here and there but I mainly play classic rock. This guitar will most likely be run through a Peavey Classic 30.
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
Last edited by thriller4life at Jun 24, 2008,
Actually all of those should work out well, i'd just try a few of em' in the store and pick the one that plays best. You'll just need to choose between humbuckers and single coils but both of them should work out for what you play.

I played a PRS SE once and liked it more than my Epi. actually if that's any help.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Yea... First choose between single coils and humbuckers (or both if it's possible, sometimes it is). Then try to play those models or those type of guitars. They are different in weight and feel... See which one is more comfortable to you, as some have fatter necks and others have thiner ones etc... Also, consider the wood they are made of. Mahogany and Maple are the main ones, but there's other good ones. Woods give guitars either a darker of brighter sound. Also, when you are trying them out, check for the sustain of each (if that's important to you). I guess that's all I can say. I'd say the strat sounds great for what you want... but who better to say than you?!
Look up Tradition guitars and get a LP copy. That will cover all the bases very well. You could also try a Strat, but single coils just don't have the type of sound you usually hear in hard rock.
I've been playing on the standard stratocaster lately and it seems...average with nothing really special about it. I'm looking for something a little different.

What do you guys think about single coil vs. humbucker pickups?
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
Quote by thriller4life
I've been playing on the standard stratocaster lately and it seems...average with nothing really special about it. I'm looking for something a little different.

What do you guys think about single coil vs. humbucker pickups?

Just a matter of personal opinion, each sort of has it's own pros and cons and work differently with various pedals and amps.

If you already played a standard strat and didn't like the single coil, I would recommend trying humbuckers. They tend to be fatter and a bit heavier that single coils which are bright and chimey. Both have been used for basic rock, so it's probably best to just pick the one you like most.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Anyone else? I've just recently come across the PRS guitars and they seem to have great craftsmanship...opinions?
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
Out of those I would definitely get the c-1 plus.

PRS SE models arn't anything special in my opinion. They arn't bad or anything but the c-1 is just plain nicer, but of course go try them out and see what you think too.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
I like my PRS SE. It's not a custom, but still, it sounds great to me. I tried that ESP LTD because it was in my price range, and didn't care too much for the action. I also like the Fender Strats.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
PRS SE, Schecter C-1 Plus or Fender Showmaster are my choice.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
PRS SE or Schecter C-1+

both are great, but the PRS is built just a little bit better
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
I guess I'm the only one that thinks a Tele is the best for Classic Rock (out of your list.) Personally (again for classic rock) the Telecaster offers such classic sound character...in fact, I would take over a strat!

Peace
Quote by MatrixClaw
PRS SE, Schecter C-1 Plus or Fender Showmaster are my choice.

Now if THAT were a choice...
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
If I were to keep that same list of guitars and change the style to classic rock/metal/shred...what would you guys pick?
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
Quote by leondb
Now if THAT were a choice...

Haha, Showmasters are sick, TS you should really look into them. Great guitars for the price, like them better than the PRS and the trem is much more smoother feeling.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
^^ Yeah, the one with 1 hb and 2 single coils. They sound really nice.
Im a Schecter man, plus if the C-1 has the JB/'59 combo, your all set
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Telecaster - sweet edgy classic rock tone for stuff like zeppelin (Almost like a strat and les paul combined)
Stratocaster - smooth, bluesy tone for stuff like SRV, Jimi Hendrix, etc (Good beginner guitar, easy action, you can get a Strat HSS that has 2 singles and 1 humbucker)
Epiphone Les Paul - Not a bad instrument, I own one myself, it sounds/plays pretty close to my Gibson Custom xD, has a nice rock tone and can be pretty versatile with the rhythm setting (like a Slash tone)

Overall, it's hard to decide...
I prefer Les Pauls, but I have to admit, the telecaster and stratocasters are pretty awesome too. But like I said, if you want a combination of a Strat with a Les Paul, get the tele.
Quote by Free Time
You should check out the HSS strats. More versatile IMO

+1 i agree

but i think the epi lp is a good choice too
'15 Fender Modern Player Tele
'88 MIK Squier Strat
'06 Ibanez RG5EX1
Peavey Vypyr 75

Currently GASing for: Orange TH30C
ibanez?
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

Ibanez RGA 121 w/ Crunchlab and Liquifire
Music Man John Petrucci Mystic Dream
ERG Custom Guitar
Ultimately, let your ears do some serious listening and let your fingers feel for the best action.
Quote by tenaciousjp
ibanez?

Are there any Ibanez's worth looking at around $500..?
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
Quote by thriller4life
Are there any Ibanez's worth looking at around $500..?

S Series
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
I just picked up a Jackson DK2M. It's got Dunks - great tone. I'm digging it more than my SG w/EMG's
I've been looking into the HSS Strats..opinions?
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
Very nice. Love the cleans on the neck pup, and has a HB on the bridge. Sample one bro! I think you'll like it. If your local shop has a Fender Showmaster, sample that too.