Hey guys ive been practicing modes for about a month month and a half and i can move my fingers on the fretboard pretty fast but i have the problem of having my picking hand keep up you guys got any tips?

Thanks
STRAT-O-SONIC
hmm actually i had this problem too.. just play through them slowly untill you have it then slightly speed up
Lots and lots of practice. There's nothing else that can help. Go on youtube and find some cool picking exercises that can also be kind of fun. Make up your own picking exercises. If you can find the John Petrucci Rock Discipline videos on youtube, there should be one with some picking exercises that will really help.
METAL!!!!!
If one of your hands is having trouble keeping up, DO NOT just keep playing, always practice to where you can perform flawlessly. If you mess up, slow it down more. The slower you start, provided you work your way up at your own correct pace, will allow you to play much faster in the end. Like I said, I cannot stress enough how important it is to make sure that when you practice, you are doing so in a manner and speed where you can play whatever it is with NO MISTAKES AT ALL, slowly increasing that threshold speed.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
I recently just fixed the same problem, I belive I can help you. I've always had trouble with my picking hand keeping up, so I just alternate picked scales back and forth, any scale will do, I used an E Phrygian. But eventually, your hand will begin to become accustomed to your fretting hand. Scales are boring, but it's worth it to bring your hands in sync.
Quote by ofna22
Hey guys ive been practicing modes for about a month month and a half and i can move my fingers on the fretboard pretty fast but i have the problem of having my picking hand keep up you guys got any tips?

Thanks

Stop playing them!

That's not what modes are for, if you want to learn them then learn them, don't just flail thhrough meaningless patterns blindly. Besides, shredding scale patterns isn't going to do anything for your guitar playing, short of teaching you how to play scales quickly...and nobody wants to listen to you play scales.

If you want to learn theory then by all means learn theory, it'll help you immensely...but actually learn it, don't just wander into the middle of everything and pick up random bits of information, thats not going to help you at all.

If you want to play faster then forget about it - the secret to playing fast is to focus on playing accurately. It's not a case of your picking hand being too slow, or your fretting hand being too fast - it's that you lack the ability to synchronise your hands at speed. Therefore you have to slow everything down to a point where you can use both hands together and work from there.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com