Page 1 of 3
I'll still be keeping up with new metal bands in 60 years. Don't interpret that as "nu metal."

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
If the day when the likes of Suffocation, Nile, and Kataklysm are considered "soft" is going to come, then I personally can't wait.

And to the USA post dude, I'm starting to agree more everyday.
Quote by mr.cheese..
Now I've got it! Masturbate in the mud while smoking weed!

Quote by darkstar2466
Meaning is not absolute.
Last edited by metalhead_99801 at Jun 25, 2008,
Quote by metalhead_99801
If the day when the likes of Suffocation, Nile, and Kataklysm are considered "soft" is going to come, then I personally can't wait.

If that is the case, then "heavy" music will just be white noise, played at eardrum-shattering volumes.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
It can never be too heavy

we will survive
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by darkstar2466
If that is the case, then "heavy" music will just be white noise, played at eardrum-shattering volumes.

Probably. That will be stupid.
Quote by mr.cheese..
Now I've got it! Masturbate in the mud while smoking weed!

Quote by darkstar2466
Meaning is not absolute.
I can't wait to be the badass at the retirement home who listens to Necrophagist.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
In 60 years, I'll be 20 years dead.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
In 60 years the internet will be dead
So there will be no guitar tabs
And we'll have made the next generation too lazy to learn theory/ear train/whatever and they won't learn other songs
And god knows they won't write their own stuff
And there will be no more guitar playing

Or we'll have virtual internet and everyone will be too busy virtually fapping to do any playing.
That's really the impression I get from reading around the pit.
Quote by destroy_techno
But you'd would have to deal with the scene grannies, and their spraying pepper spray on the invisible ninjas though

Good thing their ninja powers diminish with age.

Plus Necrophagist has...

SICK BREAKD0WNZ!!!
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
New musicians who are born every day with brilliant ideas and a different take on music?
Quote by Mike Birbiglia

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by James_Het_Rules
Yeah new musicians that were born with new ideas brought us emo music... i fear for what the future holds...

*whips*

Emo will probably be dead in 60 years.. And look at bit further than your own damn nose for new music.. There are heaps of great bands out there, and more are coming every year
Quote by James_Het_Rules
Yeah new musicians that were born with new ideas brought us emo music... i fear for what the future holds...

Oh you're right. I forgot how every new band was emo... Stupid me.

There are plenty of brilliant bands being formed every day.

They don't necessarily get mainstream attention, but they're out there. You just have to look.

Quote by Mike Birbiglia

Do you folks like folk?
i agree w/ the America thing...

thats why I'm moving to Sweden!

not really, but I wish...
Quote by guitgrinder
i agree w/ the America thing...

thats why I'm moving to Sweden!

not really, but I wish...

You should move to the Netherlands!

Then we'd have someone to call Dutch and I could back to being from plain ol' Denmark and not this dutch part business >_>
Did anyone bother to think that in 60 years, when the scene kids start "throwing down" and fighting invisible pit ninjas, they're more likely to be carried away for fighting things that aren't there?

Also, please, right now, imagine an 80 year old hXc dancing.
Do it.
You will enjoy it.
Quote by Magero
Did anyone bother to think that in 60 years, when the scene kids start "throwing down" and fighting invisible pit ninjas, they're more likely to be carried away for fighting things that aren't there?

Do it.
You will enjoy it.

Makes me wonder what the "hardcore" (if they'll even be called that) kids of 60 years from now will do in "the pits" at concerts...just straight up wrestling? Maybe a little boxing ring will be set up in the middle of the floor?
Quote by James_Het_Rules
Here let me rephrase that.

In my opinion, more and more ****ty music is being made everyday.

I can hardly ever find an album worth buying nowadays, its usually just a song of itunes here and there...

and as long as there are Katy Perrys around... we are all ****ed... literally.

That's not because there isn't good music, that's because you are too dumb to look in the right places.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by darkstar2466

We already have that. Aint'chu never heard of Sunn O)))!?

I kid, I kid. I actually like them.
I'm guessing in 60 years there will be way more creations with music in mixing lots of different types of genres... we will have atmospheric-jazz-electronic-trance-ska-neoclassical-country metal where it will be something like Sleep Terror except way more complex and where the bands are like the orchestras of classical music (violins, cellos, guitars, basses, percussionists, trombones, saxophones, harmonicas, synthesizers and computers, banjos, and sitars).

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Quote by darkstar2466

Moar Sunn O)))?

WEBBDIT: Damn you Avedas
Last edited by webbtje at Jun 25, 2008,
Quote by TheMantipede
Makes me wonder what the "hardcore" (if they'll even be called that) kids of 60 years from now will do in "the pits" at concerts...just straight up wrestling? Maybe a little boxing ring will be set up in the middle of the floor?

-cough-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTuIj3d9Zso

edit: Oh and come on people, seriously... No need to get defensive about Sunn O)))
I like Sunn O))) but face it, it is just white noise
I would say, forget 60 years, try 30, or not even that. If you consider what has happened around the world in the past 100 years... actually do that now, think about all the stuff that has happened to the Human race - technologically, socially, and of course Artistically.

Noticed how the amount of time before there is a shift / evolution keeps getting smaller and smaller, like it took 50 or so years (don't hold me to that, just an example) to go from Motown/Swing/Classical to Elvis.
*20 years to get to Sabbath/Priest.
*10 to get to the massive explosion of Metal/Heavy Music in the 80's

And so on.

That being said, I personally can not see myself gradually losing interest in Music, more like gaining interest. Especially considering, like practically everyone else here, I play Music - which directly influences my acquiring more Music, and visa-versa.
Quote by 08L1V10N
It can't get any worse then now. With crappy pop/(c)rap/r&b talentless garbage

Oh yes it can.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by hunter260859
In 60 years time, Judas Priest will still be around. Hopefully hehe

In 60 years, they will be dead.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
I wanna be the wise, old sage kind of grampa who hides the secrets of tr00 gr1m metulz in a secret hideout... or a cult. Then when my grandson turns ripe of age, I shall pass over all my knowledge of metal before dying on my deathbed. In the meantime, my indifferent son, who hath renounced all things metal, refuses to mentor his son. But he soon proves his worth in an awesome guitar clash. It'll be awesome... and a full-length motion picture produced by Paramount.
Last edited by Chugaroo at Jun 25, 2008,
In 60 years, metal will be so underground that hessians will be forced to live in underground caves and fashion instruments out of rock and bone, as electricity and industrial materials will be considered -core by then.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by Magero
Do it.
You will enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ybRnrW78lA
Enjoy.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Stop listening to teh -cores then IC!!!!!! You have 3 months to be gr1m, tr00, and br00tal.
DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 3