Ok so i have an Epiphone Korina flying V and im wanting to add another pickup and volume control to it. I was wanting to know what kind of pickup i should put in. Id like a new pickup that complemented the sound of the stock pickups that are in. i was thinking bout putting in a STK-T1 rhythm pickup or some other single coil but another humbucker would be awsome to. Tell me wat u think
i want to see what i can make it sound like. i feel like the pickups just arent doing enough i guess im just used to the strat sound but i was just looking on musicians friend and i saw a lipstick pickup that i think might be cool
GuitarFetiSh.com makes a humbucker sized lipstick humbucker. Coil tap it and you have a true lipstick pickup. but the korina V has such sharp modern-vintage(I guess retro?) looks, I'd only suggest putting in other gold covered humbucker sized pickups.

The GFS mean 90 bridge and a 490R neck is a really nice combo, IMO.
I know it seems strange to put a lower-cost pickup in the bridge, but the mean 90's are just perfect vintage P-90 tone. Great for blues, early rock n' roll, or even higher powered stuff liek AC/DC. I jammed with a guy that had that combo in a gibson faded SG and it was perfection.

Also, what's your current amplifier?
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
my amp right now is just a cheap dean markley from like 94 but i should be getting a new amp soon like a marshall half stack or a fender amp.
Stratocaster Lover

REST IN PEACE JIMI
Quote by crazie_guitar
my amp right now is just a cheap dean markley from like 94 but i should be getting a new amp soon like a marshall half stack or a fender amp.

You do not need a halfstack.
EVER.
A 2x12 is the biggest you'll actually ever need, unless you have an aircraft hanger to practice in, and play to crowds of 10,000+.

I'd suggest(depending on your style)
epiphone blues custom
Fender Twin
Krank rev Jr
Peavy valveking 212
And then there's the option of buying a pair of celestions and building your own 2x12 to go with any good tube head (hint: blackheart)

Anyway, get the lower cost pickups, higher cost amplifier. You'll thank yourself later.
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
Oh.

EM GEE!?!

how does your korina V sound, btw?

my build is from korina, and i don't know how it sounds yet.
------

Shwiggity.
if you want more versatility get splitable pickups as replacements and experiment with phasing and series sounds. adding a pickup is the least effective thing you could do.