Hi, I have been looking up tabs for "Pour some sugar on me", and I have stumbled upon a few different tabs. None of which seem completely accurate to me. However just for the ease of learning, lets use these tabs(just the intro):
----------------------------------------------------------
----6-4---4--6vvvvv-4--4-6vvvv----6-4--4--6vvv-4--3vvvv---
--------6-------------------------------------------------
--4-----------------------------4-------------------------

When i play it, it sounds vaguely like the real thing, but not near as good as I want it to sound. Does anyone have any special techniques for playing this other than just picking?
You probably shouldn't bother, Pour Some Sugar On Me is one of those songs that takes years of intense training before attempting. Think like Dragonball Z where they spend years in the hyperbolic time chamber.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
You probably shouldn't bother, Pour Some Sugar On Me is one of those songs that takes years of intense training before attempting. Think like Dragonball Z where they spend years in the hyperbolic time chamber.

Are you joking?
Change is good.
Yeah um....well....the "v"'s stand for vibrato, (look up vibrato if you don't know what that means and please don't post a new thread asking what vibrato is)...just reading your tab I can "hear" how it would sound and that looks bang on....other than that dude its your ability to play what you tabbed, ...or the tab your finding...um....if your talking about "sound", and putting technique aside...then maybe its just the tone that you're not happy with...? If that's the case then its a different matter then what tabs you've found for one of our generations truly epic songs. Its a matter of EQ and other mystical guitar stuff....
No I know all about vibrato and that, but my cousin said there is a certain way to pick it so that it flows better, rather than just sounding like each individual note. I'm not sure how to explain it...
well buddy you just need to sit with that there gitar of yours and pluck away and figure it out...seriously...there's alternate picking which is up down up down, which coincidentally is made up of downstrokes and upstrokes, which can by themselves be used to play a peice, or any combination thereof...

come on...seriously...okay okay I'l think about this and reply in a minute with which note should be an upstroke and which should be a downstroke...
okay...no problem with all downstrokes...other than that what seems natural for me is alternate picking with a downstroke at each E note (4th fret 5th string)...
Quote by Matty22
Are you joking?

...Yes.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by hagalwadi007
Dude...Phil Collen....ROCKS!

Phil Collins would kick his ass.

And just to contribute to this thread, that tab looks right, it's probably in your playing. Make sure you get some good vibrato in to make it pop out. Pick it with attitude, probably all downpicked, and maybe palm mute the D string.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X

Genesis would kick his asss all over the place....Genesis FTW!
Quote by Sonicxlover

And just to contribute to this thread, that tab looks right, it's probably in your playing. Make sure you get some good vibrato in to make it pop out. Pick it with attitude, probably all downpicked, and maybe palm mute the D string.

+1

the riff's very staccato, It'll probably sound better if you mute the non vibratod notes with your left had just after playing them, it'll definitely sound wrong if you let the notes ring too much. Don't be afraid to chuck a few extra muted clicks in there too if it helps you keep the rhythm.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com