I've seen that dimarzio has released this pickup in 2005 , but i havent seen any review or anyone using it. Does someone know or tryed this pickup. I would really apreciatte if you could please let me know something about it. Just to let you know I have a Fender Japanese Strat, of 1992, with alder body , maple neck and maple fretboard. Only thing modded are the tuners which are sealed gotoh tuners. My other choice is the Jb Jr, but it like more the sound of Dimarzios than SD.

Thank you all in advance for this great forum
Quote by Teije
I've seen that dimarzio has released this pickup in 2005 , but i havent seen any review or anyone using it. Does someone know or tryed this pickup. I would really apreciatte if you could please let me know something about it. Just to let you know I have a Fender Japanese Strat, of 1992, with alder body , maple neck and maple fretboard. Only thing modded are the tuners which are sealed gotoh tuners. My other choice is the Jb Jr, but it like more the sound of Dimarzios than SD.

Thank you all in advance for this great forum

Didnt Randy Rhoads use it as his bridge pup?
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Didnt Randy Rhoads use it as his bridge pup?

As far as I know Randy used Jb in his Jackson signatures, and stock pups in his les paul. The Jb were fully sized humbuckers, not for strat, which he matched with the sh-2n jazz in the neck.Bezides as i said the Super Distortion for strat came out in 2005 and Randy (RIP) died in 1982. I'm not sure in which years the jb jr came out but it was sure after his death. I like the sound of the jb but it gets a bit too treble to me, thats why i like the SUper Distortion.

I didnt put that the pickup i'm planing to change is the pickup in the bridge position.
Last edited by Teije at Jun 25, 2008,
My US made HM Strat has a Super Distortion for the bridge pickup. It's a really nice pickup, pretty high output, but still sounds nice clean.

Definitely higher output than other PAF style humbuckers.

I have a coil splitter on it, and it gives plenty of single coil twang when turned on. I haven't put any other pickups into that guitar because I've been so happy with the pickup.
Quote by earthwormjim
My US made HM Strat has a Super Distortion for the bridge pickup. It's a really nice pickup, pretty high output, but still sounds nice clean.

Definitely higher output than other PAF style humbuckers.

I have a coil splitter on it, and it gives plenty of single coil twang when turned on. I haven't put any other pickups into that guitar because I've been so happy with the pickup.

great thank you very much for the quick reply. I was just wondering because as the DP218 has a 100mv of outup less than the DP100, this may affect the classic Super Distortion sound.
Quote by Teije
As far as I know Randy used Jb in his Jackson signatures, and stock pups in his les paul. The Jb were fully sized humbuckers, not for strat, which he matched with the sh-2n jazz in the neck.Bezides as i said the Super Distortion for strat came out in 2005 and Randy (RIP) died in 1982. I'm not sure in which years the jb jr came out but it was sure after his death. I like the sound of the jb but it gets a bit too treble to me, thats why i like the SUper Distortion.

I didnt put that the pickup i'm planing to change is the pickup in the bridge position.

http://www.kolumbus.fi/kari.tammilehto/rreq.htm
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
ok ,great Randy used one more reason to get it :P I thought he only endorsed SD's i never check all the pup in his guitars, altough the polka dot was one of his main guitar.
Quote by forsaknazrael
What kind of music do you play?

The Super Distortion is mostly suited to 80's rock and metal, IMO.

I play mostly Iron Maiden, Judas priest, Megadeth
Quote by forsaknazrael
Sounds good to me!

What's your amp, btw?

I have an ADA mp-1 powered by a Marshall plexi clone into a 4x12 marshall box with vintage 30 celestions. I have Rocktron replifex for effects.
Quote by forsaknazrael
neat. What brand of Marshall clone? Ceriatone?

yeap, I've made a special input for only using it as a Power Amp, dont really need the preamp for the moment.
Quote by forsaknazrael
That's cool. neat setup.

I'm looking to use my current amp as a preamp, run it into a directbox instead of speakers, and have the direct box go to a power amp, then to speakers. Power tube distortion at any volume. Yum!

thats awesome
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!