Well I have an LTD fx260 guitar with seymour duncan jb/jazz, a randall vmax series 1 head and a 1960a cab. But the only thing wrong with my tone is the solo tone, its got no life to it, what could I use to make it better? Maybe something like a reverb or delay pedal?

Which ones are good if that's the answer.

Cheers, Felix.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
maybe an mxr eq. you could adjust it to make a nice lead tone and then just kick it on when needed.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Oh my amp has a 6 band eq built into it so i'm right in that department =D
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
you can buy an Ibanez de7 or any other delay with a mix knob or delay level knob to set a really nice subtle echo.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX
Oh my amp has a 6 band eq built into it so i'm right in that department =D

You may be alright normally, but usually amp EQs are placed after the preamp section. This means they have no effect on how your tone is sculpted by the preamp tubes. It might benefit you to put the MXR in front of your amp, so that you're driving it slightly farther during solos.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Quote by Firequacker
You may be alright normally, but usually amp EQs are placed after the preamp section. This means they have no effect on how your tone is sculpted by the preamp tubes. It might benefit you to put the MXR in front of your amp, so that you're driving it slightly farther during solos.

+1. that's what i was getting at.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Use the EQ pedal like a boost control.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦