Practice, it's that simple. Try starting slow and speed up gradually.
Quote by pwrmax
Practice, it's that simple. Try starting slow and speed up gradually.

ive been practicing for 8 years, and its not just the song, its all of my playing ya know?
Quote by jammy jam jam
ive been practicing for 8 years, and its not just the song, its all of my playing ya know?

Then practise better. Start slow and build up. It doesn't matter how long you practise. if you practise badly then you play badly.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
Look in advance at the strings that you know are going to come up. This way you're mind sticks it in its subconscious that it's going to have to eventually go there. Kind of the same thing with the left hand. I can't believe that you've been doing it for eight years and you're still not able to see any improvement. Keep trying though man!
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
gotta practise as slowly as you can cos you get more muscle memory that way. Also pick out the bits you are getting wrong and just focus on them, dont keep playing the whole thing over and over again, cos that way you'll never learn.
Quote by Mattalac
Then practise better. Start slow and build up. It doesn't matter how long you practise. if you practise badly then you play badly.

+1

If you're hitting the wrong strings a lot then you've not been learning things properly, you've got to a certain point and said to yourself "right, that's good enough".

You'll have to to some "re-learning", go back and really cast a critical eye over things you can play, and be brutally honest with yourself. Is it good enough, or can you do better? If it's not good enough then work on it, find the speed at which you can play it accurately then gradually build speed. As far as general picking practice goes af few exercises won't hurt, like chromatics and some scale patterns, but throw some horizontal movement and string skipping in there to keep it interesting. However, working on the actual songs you know is just as important.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by jammy jam jam

Then play it slower and gradually increase the speed when you get it 100% right. Remember, accuracy is more important than speed so focus on that primarily.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.