So I usually get the combos, but have been thinking about getting the head and cabinet (the 6262 head and 412H-BK cab). What are the advantages of this rather than the combo?(other than lougness) is there a better tone? a heavier sound? anyways, thanks for looking at my thread!
i like half stacks better cus for 1 power its not as maneuverable but i like the sound alott better and there alott easier to work on than a combo amp for changing tubes and such but it depends on the person sound may differ some i think ur sound will be alott better at hier volumes with a half stack
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Honestly, unless you have the transportation for it, a combo is the way to go. A 4x12 stack is only maybe 3 dB louder. Plus an open backk combo will fill a room better. You will lose just a bit of bass response. However, the combo can drive a cab as well. I used this to my advantage a couple of weeks ago at a show, where another band was going to let me use their two Mesa cabs. Since the cabs had another out for hooking two cabs together, I was able to drive both cabs (2x12 and 4x12) plus my Bugera's two speakers. It wasn't louder, but it made it to where the sound covered the stage considerably better. If you put your combo on top of a road case or something else though, a stack really has few if any advantages.

Also, the tubes are very easy to get to. In actuality you have more room to put your hands in and move around. I find a head box more crowded
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Get the bugera head and a second hand 4/12 cab with celestions.

ps: if you want the best of both worlds get the head and a 2/12 cab.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Last edited by Slayer566 at Jun 25, 2008,
Half stacks can be better because you can use different cabs. If you can easily transport it, it is a good idea. But in reality, they are a pain in the ass and the combo will still sound excellent.
yeah im more of a half stack kinda guy. It's just preference. You may not like the way the bugera speakers are and replacing the speakers will suck. You can just get the speakers of your choice in whatever cab you want.
replacing the speakers is hella easy. Unplug the little clips from the speakers, take out 4 screws each, put new speakers in, reconnect. But like I said, the combo can drive a cab if you later decide you need more speakers. I plan to buy a 2x12 closed back cab to put under my combo soon.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge