Page 1 of 2
Im pretty sure we've all taken IQ tests. But do u really believe they determine one's intelligence? I scored a 135 on it and I honestly believe that was wrong. I don't think i'm that smart. Anyways, Iq tests. Bogus or not?
If you take it on the internet, total BS.

I don't think they all are.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
They are accurate for telling certain things about yourself, however the online ones are no good. You have to take a professional one and have someone who is qualified go over it to receive accurate results.
I took it from someone qualified to test me. 135. but sumtimes i jus feel dumber than that
IQ measures how well u do things not how smart u are, or something like that
We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict.
Jim Morrison
^Intelligence Quotient. 100 is normal. Above 100 is above normal. Below 100 is below normal.
Now that the hard stuff is done away with...Internet IQ tests will be bullshit, go to a health clinic or some place like that for a real one.
I once did one on internet, and I scored 80 points. I feel bad.
YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE FROM THE DOOM DOOM DOOM

My Equipment:
Schecter Omen FR
Fender Frontman 25
Digitech Distortion Factory
I just took the one from IQtest.com and got 147.

I would bet my life that it's not correct.
Quote by mater99
Im still looking for an answer...

Are you looking for a yes or no answer? If you are then I can tell right now that your IQ isn't 135.
Online IQ tests are total bull. One told me that my IQ was 167. Intelligence Quotient is not a valid way to measure "intelligence" anyhoo.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Internet IQ tests are all BS...we had a thread about that once...every 3rd UGer said he had an IQ of over 150...Real IQ tests from institutions can be taken relatively seriously though...but I have taken one
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
I took two different kinds of online IQ test, and both said 135. I doubt if they were accurate though.

My real IQ would be much higher.
I thought IQ showed how good you are at solving problems.

Intelligence is knowing stuff right? And you can always learn more stuff.
Quote by HuckIt
Internet IQ tests are all BS...we had a thread about that once...every 3rd UGer said he had an IQ of over 150...Real IQ tests from institutions can be taken relatively seriously though...but I have taken one

Coincidentally, every 3rd UGer is a chronic liar

I've only done the army's intelligence test and got 6/7. I'd be happy about it but a friend of mine just randomly clicked the alternativeboxes everywhere and got 6/7 as well.

He was trying to get low scores because he didn't want to join the army
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
IQ tests are a thing of the past. They only measure a very small part of intelligences. Multiple intelligence tests are the way of the future. They measure everything an IQ test does but also musical intelligance, linguistic, spacial, kinesthetic, interpersonal etc.
BS.

Man made test. If you really believe we can measure absolute intelligence, then...

As an example, why are people saying "wood pigeons are as intelligent as a 3 year old human in intelligence".

How is that relative or relatable? Can a 3 year old fly? Reproduce? Can it do anything without assistance of a parent or guardian?

And so on...

Maybe that example was a little abstract, but it shows that intelligence is not something we can merely measure with a couple of numbers, at least - not for a very long time.

If people really do buy into IQ's and care about them, then that is up to them.
They are somewhat ok at estimating cognitive ability, which isn't really how "smart" you are, but how well you can solve certain problems. but yeah the internet ones suck.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by mater99
I took it from someone qualified to test me. 135. but sumtimes i jus feel dumber than that

are you just fishing for compliments?

and it depends on what your definition of intelligence is. to me IQ doesnt mean much, because it only included math, verbal, and spatial intellegences. I agree with the multiple intellegences theory, except the natural one. read about it on google, its pretty neat.

http://www.thomasarmstrong.com/multiple_intelligences.htm

i did get an IQ of 130 though. high five!
Last edited by flyinguitar at Jun 25, 2008,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
IQ tests tell you how good you are at IQ tests.
Very true - your score gets a lot better with practice.
IQ tests that are multiple choice are pretty much a crock. Not a gator though.

I don't see how you can measure someones intelligence based on a multiple choice test. You could guess, and still get a high mark.

If it's more on the written side, I can see why.
Quote by Kensai

I've only done the army's intelligence test and got 6/7. I'd be happy about it but a friend of mine just randomly clicked the alternativeboxes everywhere and got 6/7 as well.

The army doesn't care how smart you are, and they must know people will try to fail. It's probably rigged.
All IQ tests do, is compare how much you know comapared to everyone else. This is why your age is important. It's a simple and good concept, but on the internet = it will fail.
online, its bull****.

however, you must not think of your proper result as your intelligence as in school grades, or everyday maths, but more about your brain.
Yes, they work, not the ones online though.

Every kid here takes one when he's in 3rd grade, and I can tell that the kids that got good scores back then actually are smart people. And you can clearly see it now at high school.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by HugeDUmbass
All IQ tests do, is compare how much you know comapared to everyone else. This is why your age is important. It's a simple and good concept, but on the internet = it will fail.

a real IQ test doesn't test knowledge at all and they use different tests for different age groups.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by BodaciousZac
The army doesn't care how smart you are, and they must know people will try to fail. It's probably rigged.

It's the swedish army, so they only pick the smartest because of the limited people who can serve in the armed forces.

(yes, sweden has an army)
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I havent taken one btw
but I do think they can come in handy in some situations..
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
Quote by BassistGal
Yes, they work, not the ones online though.

Every kid here takes one when he's in 3rd grade, and I can tell that the kids that got good scores back then actually are smart people. And you can clearly see it now at high school.

There's a high correlation between IQ and test scores, yes. But complete proof? Nope.
Quote by Kensai
It's the swedish army, so they only pick the smartest because of the limited people who can serve in the armed forces.

(yes, sweden has an army)

Do you guys like, do target practice on polar bears or something?

Quote by Deliriumbassist
There's a high correlation between IQ and test scores, yes. But complete proof? Nope.

I'm not seeking a complete proof, there will always be exceptions, but it works well on the majority of cases.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by Kensai

Your friend should've done what my Dad (unwittingly) did. When he was doing his physical, the group was split into two groups- one did the assault course, and then the weigh-in after lunch, the other group did vice versa. My dad was in the first group. At lunch, he had a huge, HUGE meal. When he got weighed in, the weight of lunch tipped into the "too heavy" category
Quote by BodaciousZac

Yeah, if you try clicking random stuff the computer will automatically assume that you are trying to avoid the army. Because that's the smartest thing to do, you'll score 6/7 points.

On a more serious note, I believe that many online IQ tests are easy on purpose - they let you score high so you'll be happy with your results, making it more likely for you to come back to do the test again (for fun, you say - but let's admit it, we all like the occasional pat on the back.) or even tell your friends to have a look at it (while bragging about your own test results). It seems to be a clever way to increase site traffic.

Anyways, +1 to Jackolas and Kid Thorazine.
Page 1 of 2