Okay, so I built the "killswitch pedal" earlier today, as per the thread here.
Anyway, the other day I played on a fender twin reverb from the 60's, and I really liked the vibrato function. Anyway, I noticed at full intensity(where it generally was when I played) the effect was like a kill switch. Anyway, I was wondering what would be neccesary to divert signal to ground based off of a certain interval(as dictated by tun of a knob on the pedal). I'm thinking I might cannibalize a danelectro FAB pedal of some sort (thinking echo or chorus), if the circuits themselves are too complex for a relative beginner to do.

Thoughts, suggestions, help?
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
It's called a "slicer".
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
if you could fins a schematic somewhere for a square wave LFO (low frequency oscillator) and replace the existing LFO in the circuit you plan to cannibalise it shoudl have the chopping effect youre after!

Oh and btw the chorus or echo..in fact all of the fab range wouldnt have the necessary partds for this as they are completely different circuits, as well as using tiny components. But if you could get a cheap tremolo pedal and get some pictures of the circuit and a schematic we could probably help you design a slicer around it.
*is totally confused now*

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
Quote by rancidryan
erm why dont you get a tremelo pedal isnt that what you mean?

Yeah but if I can make one for under 40 bucks, then I'd rather savethe change,

Quote by cobain_is_king