I graduated high school about three weeks ago and I have already completely signed up for college classes in the fall but thats not for another two months. So Im currently going to start looking for a job full time over the summer. The thing is that I have never had a job before and dont exactly know how the whole process goes. I am going to apply to a couple music stores, Barnes and Noble, Best Buy, and several other retail stores I am interested in. My friends tell me that you NEED to call the store the day after you turn in your application to set up a job interview. Is it really this way? Also, what are some tips about going through job interviews? A lot of these job positions I am probably going to be put in deal with customers and to be honest... I hate people. I hear that even if I cant stand annoying ass people I need to act as if I love working with people in order to get almost any job.

Anyways, any tips? Thanks.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
No Best Buy. They sell guitars now.... your gonna hear 10 year olds strumming open strings for 8 hours a day.
You honestly don't sound like you want a job, you're not going to have a successful interview unless you want it. It sounds cliche, but confidence is the key. They don't want some unsure person that is quiet and fidgety. They want someone professional, someone that is going to storm into a room, shake hands, and make things happen. Especially if you're in sales. An interview for a sales job is pretty much determined in the first minute.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
I've never called a company I've applied to back and I have about 100% hiring rate. So I don't know if that's true, but I do know there are some people who won't reply to your application if you don't call them. It does show that you want to work there, and they appreciate that.

In the interview, be personable. Eye contact, proper handshake, seem eager to do the job. Think of the skills you have that would apply to the job, regardless of how inconsequential they seem.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Quote by BTponcho
GET HER DRUNK

everclear works best

This advice works in any situation.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

Aight man look...Go to those places(don't limit to just them) or apply online whatever, and yea like ur friends say, just just call them the next day or the next, it may or may not take a while for them to get to u. Don't give up hope though, eventually they will. As far as interviews go, just go in as urself but act like u really want the job. Then when u have it, its a step into the real world and u r going to have to just go with the **** u gotta do. Even if u hate it. Make sure your happy with the job u pick. Aight man, well good luck
Quote by Bodom87
Aight man look...Go to those places(don't limit to just them) or apply online whatever, and yea like ur friends say, just just call them the next day or the next, it may or may not take a while for them to get to u. Don't give up hope though, eventually they will. As far as interviews go, just go in as urself but act like u really want the job. Then when u have it, its a step into the real world and u r going to have to just go with the **** u gotta do. Even if u hate it. Make sure your happy with the job u pick. Aight man, well good luck

Thats pretty much the same advice I am getting from my friends who have already been working for about a year. Well I am filling out a bunch of applications today and I am going to either turn them in today or tomorrow. I got a tip from somebody that its best to try and turn your application in when the manager of the store is working. Is this a good thing to do or does it not matter either way? Thanks for the advice guys.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?