Is it possible to buy an unfinished strat body and then turn into a hollow-body, or is it 2 complicated? i hav a competent woodworking uncle who would do it 4 free if it is possible. And are there any drawings or detailed pics that show what to route out. thanx in advance.
I don't think it's worth the hassle. Just buy a thinline body.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
It would surely take too much effort. The shape of the body makes it difficult to route and you may not get enough routed out for it to sound like a half-decent hollowbody, even if you routed out to every edge as close as you could. There is maybe one option of 'cheating' and that would be to just route out a couple of f-holes, so it looks like a hollowbody. In my opinion, not worth doing. It could turn out to be a nightmare. Maybe worth trying out on a worthless strat copy body if you're keen?!
You would have to make the top completely flat, then route out as much as possible and then glue on a wood cap to cover up the routes and mount everything on to look pretty.

Not exactly worth it.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
You COULD saw it in half, then take wood out from either part, and glue it back together could you not?
You arent going to be able to take a ready made strat body and "convert" it to a hollow body. The warmoth bodies are routed then a top is glued on. If you want to buy some wood and make a hollow body different story.