My dream guitar and something I always wanted to own is a Gibson SG and I finally have it..A SG Special that is..As some people may know when you get it out of the box it's kinda bare like the wood isn't protected by anything body, and fret board. This means I need to polish it or oil it? Is there a difference and how do I do this? I am worried because a little bit of dirt managed to get into the mahogany on the fret board which I want to clean out as well...Can someone help me?
relax dude.... keep cleaning the guitar about once a week with a clean piece of cloth....that should do the trick ...thats what i do on my kh-202 ....
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
BOSS OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion pedal
Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby Wah Pedal
Laney P20 20-Watt 1x8 Amplifier
On the body or fret board or the whole thing? and with what like polish or something?
Quote by AiC
relax dude.... keep cleaning the guitar about once a week with a clean piece of cloth....that should do the trick ...thats what i do on my kh-202 ....

Like he said don't worry bout it and just clean it every week.
My Gear:
Washburn WI64
Fender CD-60

Quote by f22master
it is a tracking device so the aliens can find you and take you into their ship and do experiments on you!!!! DON'T TOUCH IT!!!

Quote by YourMessiah666
definitely sexy. all washburn guitars are sexy
Quote by reaper4172
On the body or fret board or the whole thing? and with what like polish or something?

honestly i don't really think you need any kind of polish or something....
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
BOSS OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion pedal
Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby Wah Pedal
Laney P20 20-Watt 1x8 Amplifier
well this is exposed wood it doesn't have that kinda paint on it like a strat or something
Gear:

Gibson SG Special

Dunlop Cry Baby Wah pedal
BOSS DS-2 Turbo distortion pedal
Digi-Tech RP-1
go to gibson site, contact us, send them an email, they'll get back to you in a day.

i think the last time i saw this question, they said just a guitar cloth.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011