okay.
so basically, as the title suggests, this is about the sustainability of fish populations.
Do you think the population of large or small fish, is more sustainable, if we continue to bycatch?
and which size fish, we should concentrate on catching.
please choose a side,
and dont say that killing fish is stupid.
I'm not sure how to create a poll either.
so, if anyone can tell me how, it'd be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by ugsusheyftef at Jun 25, 2008,
When you make a new thread, there's an option at the bottom for polls.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Alternate. Focus on big fish, cos small fish take up less space per fish and so can reproduce in greater numbers. That means that when the big fish population is getting lower, ban the fishing of them and then you can focus on the larger population of smaller fish. The switch over.
Sorry, thats giberish, but it made sense in my head lol
Quote by BassTang
Alternate. Focus on big fish, cos small fish take up less space per fish and so can reproduce in greater numbers. That means that when the big fish population is getting lower, ban the fishing of them and then you can focus on the larger population of smaller fish. The switch over.
Sorry, thats giberish, but it made sense in my head lol

And what if the fish only breed when reaching the larger size? This question makes no sense to me.. It says nothing of species.. It just talks about fish in general.. And.. To be honest it just leaves me scratching my head wondering what the hell is going on..
there's a reason that there's a minimum size for fish you can catch'n keep. Because small fish haven't matured yet, so they haven't had a time to breed - sustaining their population.

However species-wise it all depends on whether you're catching ****fish as I like to call them. The fish that ruin their environment, they can damage other fish species and hurt the overall population.

in short:
young fish = nono
sh_it-fish = GTFO of my water
Koi > All.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
well, if you took more of one than the other wouldn't that cause an inequality in the ecosystem? I don't know much about this but I think we need to catch equal amounts of each.

I don't fancy the taste of any fish that I've tried anyway. I prefer all fish stay in the ocean so I can dive with them.
Quote by jmilli2
Big fish, little fish, cardboard box.

I completely inadvertantly won a dance competition doing precisely this...

I was so surprised when I was the winner! I was drunk and taking the piss out of some truely awful techno (IMO. I love GOOD hardhouse though....) and whaddya know? I won the thing!
Quote by CliffIsAngry
I'd rather have a tank with a few Northern Pikes ^^ and feed them live fish.

Pikes rock

Pikes hurt the environment though.

I hate them. There's nothing better than a good pickerel.
sigh...
The title reminds me - What's the game where you start as a small fish, and you have to keep eating smaller fish until you become huge?

And in answer to the TS's question, I don't know.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Quote by Metallica708
The title reminds me - What's the game where you start as a small fish, and you have to keep eating smaller fish until you become huge?

And in answer to the TS's question, I don't know.

I googled 'fishy' and I found it! First link, too.

http://www.xgenstudios.com/play/fishy
Quote by EnyoAdonai
well, if you took more of one than the other wouldn't that cause an inequality in the ecosystem? I don't know much about this but I think we need to catch equal amounts of each.

I don't fancy the taste of any fish that I've tried anyway. I prefer all fish stay in the ocean so I can dive with them.

sweeet you scuba?
who're you with?