hey I have $500 to send on an electric guitar, am an intermediate level guitar player, play blues, metal, and classic rock. any suggestions on what guitar I should buy?
Quote by marcs1321
hey I have $500 to send on an electric guitar, am an intermediate level guitar player, play blues, metal, and classic rock. any suggestions on what guitar I should buy?

What body style/shape do you like? (LP/Strat/V/SG/Etc)
Humbuckers or Single Coils? Both?
21 Frets/22 Frets/24 Frets/More?
How much Rhythm/Lead do you play?
Do you gig? Need something flashy?
How much versitility are you looking for?

The list goes on and on...
not trying to badger you, but the more info you can provide, the better feedback you'll get overall.

Don
There's a good deal of competition at the $500 level. A nice Agile from rondomusic will run just under that and are very good (and very heavy) guitars. Washburn and Fender (Mexican) have several cool models in that price range as well.

Just a touch higher (or used) and you could go for the PRS SE line which are extremely nice.
Just got back from a local guitar store & tried out one of these:

Ibanez ART 400
Great feel & playability, overall tone is kind of neutral...which can be good or bad, depending on your view point. The finish on them is very nice (if you like natural finishes). The unplugged tone is not as nice or bold as my Dean EVO, but the upper register of the neck actually plays much better than the Dean...Better access & feel from about 17th fret on up. Didn't feel cramped or anything like a lot of single cutaway guitars can.

Just thought I'd toss the idea at ya.....

Don
Quote by ChipShank
What body style/shape do you like? (LP/Strat/V/SG/Etc)
Humbuckers or Single Coils? Both?
21 Frets/22 Frets/24 Frets/More?
How much Rhythm/Lead do you play?
Do you gig? Need something flashy?
How much versitility are you looking for?

The list goes on and on...
not trying to badger you, but the more info you can provide, the better feedback you'll get overall.

Don

thanks, Im looking for a guitar with humbuckers and is good for playing lead. All Im looking for is a cheap rounded guitar