Im looking for an amp head for high gain. A used 5150?

It cant be too expensive.

I was looking at a krankenstein. They any good?

Quote by babyboo666
EvH 5150 III - 10x more br00tal then the peavey 5150's, and Fender cleans!

i think can't be too expensive puts that out of the question........
Top lel.
Quote by the memory
i think can't be too expensive puts that out of the question........

It's not...

you want expensive? look at Erocks Diezel

and if he can afford a krankenstein, he can afford a used evh 5150 iii head
Quote by babyboo666
It's not...

i guess... lol

but liek compared to a 5150/6505 it is quite a bit more expensive
in the UK anyway
Top lel.
I never said i could afford a krankenstein

My freind mentioned it to me but he didnt say the price. Im guessing its quite allot

I was thinking 5150. how much used? (Please state what country your in so i can do the currency conversions.
Or how bout you give us a budget TS, as "expensive" is subjective while price is not
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
I dont know what my budget is. Im just going to save until i can get it but anything from $0 - 1000 would be best although i would go higher.

And i will buy it used.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Final !mpact
I dont know what my budget is. Im just going to save until i can get it but anything from $0 - 1000 would be best although i would go higher.

And i will buy it used.

Used Dual Rectifier for $1300.
$1100 if you're good at negotiation/convincing.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Randall RH50T.

Randall pwns all....
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

7-String guitars are badass!
Quote by Final !mpact
I never said i could afford a krankenstein

My freind mentioned it to me but he didnt say the price. Im guessing its quite allot

I was thinking 5150. how much used? (Please state what country your in so i can do the currency conversions.

Seriously? Look I'm not trying to be a prick but it is obvious you had done zero research before creating your thread. We're not Google.

Go to Google, guitarcenter.com, musiciansfriend.com, sweetwater.com, ebay etc.

Figure out your top end budget and then create a thread in a forum.

And I see you want something from $0 - $1,000 but could go higher. What does that mean? There is a huge difference going from say $700 to $1,000 or $1,000 to $1,500. Come on man,
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Engl Fireball if you dont mind low wattage

In what dimension is 60 watts tube "low wattage"?
Mandatory gear list

Charvel Model 6 (1986)
Cort MR780FX
Epi Firebird VII
(Soon to be gone) Peavey Bandit 112
Soldano Hot Rod 50+ (1993)
Framus 212 (V30's)
How about Bugera 6262 or 333XL

Im drooling over one ATM
Gear List:
Ibanez S320
Lavey LV200
Squier Stratocaster Affinity HSS
No-Name Wesley Fat Strat copy
Peavey Rage 158
If he doesnt want a hollow low end i suggest a 333XL.
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

Quote by babyboo666
It's not...

and if he can afford a krankenstein, he can afford a used evh 5150 iii head

haha, how the heck did I get mentioned, he's not going to know who Erock is.
Besides, there are guys on this forum with multiple Two Rocks, you just don't see them post much.

also, used Krankensteins are dirt cheap, not much more than a used 5150 tbh. If you were seriously considering a Krankenstein though TS, I would look into the + series. Completely different animal, and quite an improvement over the older models.

5150 is a solid choice, or an ENGL Fireball might be better priced if you're not in the states.

And actually, I have a good friend that's been using a Bugera 6260 for a few months now. It's seen a couple shows, been hit with a beer bottle, and it's still kicking. It's actually on it's way to Deathfest in Illinois this weekend. No idea on the long term reliability, but for the price it's a decent sounding amp IMO.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
BUGERA 333xl
Very well engineered boys and girls. Of course assmebled in China, but those German Em Effers know what they are doing. EL34s sound great in almost every well made amplifier and this one is no different. Hard to compare to any great tube amp as they all sound great in their own unique way. Is FENDER better than ESP? No. Is MARSHALL better than VOX. No. Does FENDER and ESP make killer guitars? YES!!Both companies make bitchin' guitars and BUGERA makes bitchin', glowing EL34s sound KICK ASS!! The cost is NOT the lack of engineering, but a brillant concept in buisiness and knowing how to build an amp. BUGERA manufactures all their own parts. Every tiny little nut and screw are self made, then assembled in China and shipped to us METAL LOVERS...This amp is the real deal. Like all other well made tube amps, you can get this thing to sound blood devastating.
even though I've been praising them, let's be honest here. It's not a marvel of engineering that's made this possible. It's cheaper parts, built with cheaper labor, with very little R&D costs that allows this to be possible. As much as they want to seperate the brand names, it's made by Behringer, which is renown for copying designs and selling them at a greatly reduced price. They obviously marketed it on the popularity of some well know designs by Peavey. I think it's a great sounding head for the price, but lets not kid ourselves about the build quality and engineering.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Everybody copies every body. It's called industrial evolution. Where would TC Electronics be without a ROLAND JC? Where would PEAVEY be without the EVH MARSHAL mod (5150)? Catch my drift. These BUGERA amps sound and feel friggin' fantastic!
Quote by BeerChurch
Everybody copies every body. It's called industrial evolution. Where would TC Electronics be without a ROLAND JC? Where would PEAVEY be without the EVH MARSHAL mod (5150)? Catch my drift. These BUGERA amps sound and feel friggin' fantastic!

copying the circuit and making your own tweaks is one thing, everything popular today evolved from Fender and Marshall. Copying and marketing it as a direct clone of a popular amp is another. They can only get away with it because they are in China, if it was a US company, they would have been sued already. Don't get me wrong, I actually like the heads, but I have no misconception about what they are.
amp clips
amp vids
I dunno bro. Have you actually compared shcematics and diodes between a 333XL and a JS? These BUGERA amps have been tweaked...tweaked to effin' rock man. One of two things is gonna happen with this company - They will get sued and their amps will still sound freakin' great OR more of the powers that be will be using these puppies and the price will increase acordingly...YES - THEY ARE THAT GOOD FOLKS...The only negative aspect about BUGERA is now every crappy guitar player can afford to get REALLY LOUD. Out-of-Tune 120watt version of Smoke on the Water here we come!!
How much did Bugera pay you?!

The 6262 i tried had a rather lacking low end compared to a 6505+ head.
I still prefer my Randall over Bugera ANY DAY OF THE MONTH PEOPLE! And they are both in the same pricerange!
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

I tried both the 6262 and 333 yesterday and the 6262 is definitely better for metal