Page 1 of 2
I've recently noticed my sleeping habits have become a bit fucked up..

Going to bed at 2:30-4:30 am and sleep to 3-4 pm makes me a bit of a zombie for the rest of my family.

Now I'll have to get up quite early all next week, 7 am, and I think there's no way I'll make it...

To make it even worse, I'm hearing impaired (sp?) and CAN'T HEAR THEM EFFING ALARM BELLS!
So far I've never had a clock that have been able to wake me up...

Any suggestions how to tackle this, pit?

EDIT: thought I'd add a pic of my bed for helping you improve ideas

You like it
Last edited by linus.d at Jun 25, 2008,
dont sleep?
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Get one of your family to go and wake you up.
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
I do the same, I go to bed no earlier than 2:00 and always wake up 12:00 or later. I had to get up at 8 this morning though to hand in CVs to various places.
Buy a clock radio that plays CDs, put the alarm volume up as high as it goes, and put on a CD with the heaviest, loudest songs you can think of. If that doesn't wake you up, you've got more serious problems on your hands.
and this moment keeps on movin'
we were never meant to hold on.
Are you at all decent with electronics? I bet I can get your alarm to wake you up.
I'm going through the exact same thing as you right now. Sleeping around 3am and waking in the afternoon.

The only way to break this is to do an all-nighter and not sleep for a night (avoid any amount of caffeine). Then you'll be tired enough the next day to sleep at a more normal time. This usually resets my poor sleeping patterns when I realise my holidays are coming to an end.

I use my tv as a wake up alarm so I don't have trouble waking up because I can set the preferred volume. Plus, it allows me to set my snooze for as short or long as I want
electro music alliance

Moon of The Mighty Boosh Appreciation Society PM *Juno* to join!

Quote by The 6th String
I learned to dance by watching amputees have seizures...
Last edited by lucid_strat at Jun 25, 2008,
It might just be me being a total freak, but I've noticed that if I NEED to get up early my body clock usually does the job pretty well.
hire a coke addicted insomniac crash symbol player! If that doesn't wake you, you really are a zombie!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by wgpguy
Are you at all decent with electronics?

Yeah, I know the basics...

And if I wouldn't know enough one of my friends know more than my dad (who is an fully educated electrician)

Quote by wgpguy

I bet I can get your alarm to wake you up."

How do you mean? like... increasing the volume of it?

EDIT:
Quote by saphrax
I don't think TS is a girl...

I think you're a bit of a... sexmaniac...

He didn't mention putting it there.. <.<

i hope ._.
You like it
Quote by LegionsOfDeath
set your phones alarm on vibrate and sleep with it

you gross piece of sh-...oh wait I get it
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by saphrax
I don't think TS is a girl...

Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
i sleep for 20 minutes every three hours
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Go to sleep earlier?
Quote by LegionsOfDeath
Kramer?

Jean Paul! Jean Paul!
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
get an alarm clock that vibrates and sleep with it under your pillow, works for me!
or get a girlfriend or boyfriend that does wake up early and get them to wake you up too :P
Quote by ValoRhoads
hire a coke addicted insomniac crash symbol player! If that doesn't wake you, you really are a zombie!

Actually... (and this is true, from what I've heard)

I have a drum kit standing in my room...
apparently (according to mom) a a guest we had here couldn't resist trying them, and he didn't notice me lying in my bed....

Apparently ha played them, my sister woke up, thought "WTF is he doing...?" and went to my room and checked... it wasn't me playing. it was our guest.

AND I DID NOT WAKE UP BY THAT
You like it
Drink lots and lots of water before you go to sleep. LOTS AND LOTS!
Guess what scale this song is in and I'll give you an eCookie.

Temporal
go to bed no later than 2 and like have sumone wake u up or like if the phones loud enough have sumone call u.
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
Quote by Degorath
Drink lots and lots of water before you go to sleep. LOTS AND LOTS!

I do actually have a bottle of water in my bed of which I occasionally drink from when I get thirsty....

<.<
You like it
Quote by linus.d
I do actually have a bottle of water in my bed of which I occasionally drink from when I get thirsty....

<.<

I drink about 1 liter of water before I go to sleep...that really does the trick!
Guess what scale this song is in and I'll give you an eCookie.

Temporal
Quote by linus.d

Going to bed at 2:30-4:30 am and sleep to 3-4 pm makes me a bit of a zombie for the rest of my family.

Now I'll have to get up quite early all next week, 7 am, and I think there's no way I'll make it...

To make it even worse, I'm hearing impaired (sp?) and CAN'T HEAR THEM EFFING ALARM BELLS!

christ man im in the same bin atm!

ive been going out and getting trashed until 4am over the past few weeks! ive literally just woke up, and there hasent been a day this week where i havent woke up after 12.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by lucid_strat
The only way to break this is to do an all-nighter and not sleep for a night (avoid any amount of caffeine). Then you'll be tired enough the next day to sleep at a more normal time. This usually resets my poor sleeping patterns when I realise my holidays are coming to an end.

Ive been pullin all nighters for the past two days and I'm dead tired right now. Usually when I do this I end up falling asleep during the day.
Quote by FriskyDrisky
haha i dunno know. like if i sh*t or fart i know they smell really bad, but I enjoy the smell. Like I'll fart on my hand and then smell my hand. I dont think thats normal though...
This is what I do

I turn my iPod stereo on near full blast, and I have my iPod docked in it, and I have the iPod set on an alarm for when i want to wake up. The song I usually play for an alarm is TROGDOR by Strongbad (from guitar hero 2). This usually wakes me up, I usually have my regular alarm clock go of at the same time as TROGDOR, for an added "waking-up-full-ness"
Quote by Smokey Amp
Aren't all voiceovers performed by Morgan Freeman?

I thought that was like a law or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1KI2Bxcx8M
^^^^ Please watch this! we need more views to win $20 000!
Quote by Dumebuggy
This is what I do

I turn my iPod stereo on near full blast, and I have my iPod docked in it, and I have the iPod set on an alarm for when i want to wake up. The song I usually play for an alarm is TROGDOR by Strongbad (from guitar hero 2). This usually wakes me up, I usually have my regular alarm clock go of at the same time as TROGDOR, for an added "waking-up-full-ness"

Actually, it's from the Strongbad animation...
Quote by woodsy93
Ive been pullin all nighters for the past two days and I'm dead tired right now. Usually when I do this I end up falling asleep during the day.

Yeah, I tried that once... I fell asleep at approx. 4-5 pm the day after, resulted in screwing up my habits even worse...
You like it
Quote by linus.d
Actually... (and this is true, from what I've heard)

I have a drum kit standing in my room...
apparently (according to mom) a a guest we had here couldn't resist trying them, and he didn't notice me lying in my bed....

Apparently ha played them, my sister woke up, thought "WTF is he doing...?" and went to my room and checked... it wasn't me playing. it was our guest.

AND I DID NOT WAKE UP BY THAT

Damn! You should see a doctor...
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
I have my pphoen set at full volume, lying ontop of my pillow playing "just got this syphony goin" by fall of troy! Only problem is i was o tired this morning ijust turned it off and dozed off again.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by ValoRhoads
Damn! You should see a doctor...

Already done...

Actually I'm closer to being deaf than having perfect hearing
You like it
Quote by linus.d

EDIT: thought I'd add a pic of my bed for helping you improve ideas

Rig something on your bed, so at 7:00 you're propelled off of your bed onto the floor.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by walkinbazooka
Rig something on your bed, so at 7:00 you're propelled off of your bed onto the floor.

you see those wind planks?

one of them actually fell down once when I was sleeping, and as I was having my head on it my head "fell down" there...
I thought I was 'bout to hit my head on the shelf under ._.

sloppy mattresses ftw
You like it
have someone go in and smack you on the head until you wake up and then have them do that until you get used to it

i don't know if it will help but its kind of funny when i think about it
Quote by I Be Andyy
That gives you rank of -10 out of 10. You fail. Go play the flute.

----GEAR----
Gibson voodoo sg
Schecter hellraiser c-1 fr (07' model)
Fender american strat
Martin 000-28
Peavey bandit 112
Mesa mark 5
Mesa stiletto 4x12
Your first post describes my current lifestyle to the hour.

I've been working on it for the past few days and I've come to the simple conclusion: If you can't force yourself to fall to sleep (Which is extremely hard for me), force yourself to wake up early.
Just hear my theory out - By waking yourself up early, say 10 o'clock for starters (Don't jump in the deep end just yet) your body will recognize the lack of sleep and begin to get tired. Not so much at first, but give it a few days and bring your alarm forward 15 minutes each morning and your body will soon start to go ape-**** and crave for sleep. Start this tonight, regardless of what time you end up falling to sleep, even if it means 3-4 hours of sleep.
You'll feel like crap for a while and have no energy, but soon your body's Circadian Rhythm will begin to go back to normal.

Hope this helps you out.
Page 1 of 2