So are there any other newbies here blogging their journey to guitar godhood? As a n00b myself, I find it interesting to hear about the trials and tribulations of other new players.

I've been blogging my own experiences here on UG and trying to inject some content that might be useful to other new players. Stay tuned for for my news on New Gear Day when my Strat comes in! I'll start posting some videos of my epic suckfulness when the new gear gets here. I have no shame.

If anyone else has beginner blogs going, clue me in.
Lol, i started on acoustic, the first while was fun but i found myself in a rut and put guitar away for 2 months. Oh well i picked it back up and have loved it ever since. Btw your vid will be a fantastic voyage on the Fail Boat if you dont mind me saying.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Quote by LaGrange
Lol, i started on acoustic, the first while was fun but i found myself in a rut and put guitar away for 2 months. Oh well i picked it back up and have loved it ever since. Btw your vid will be a fantastic voyage on the Fail Boat if you dont mind me saying.

Ha yeah I bought my acoustic 11 years ago in the aftermath of my divorce as a distraction. I took a couple lessons but lost interest very quickly and stopped. Probably had something to do with my restored bachelorhood at the time.

I was a band geek in high school though (played trumpet, which I also still have) and loved it, still remembered how to read sheet music. So I guess it was inevitable that eventually I'd get back into it.

LOL @ "Fail Boat". Yeah I'll be setting sail on that ship soon. Might actually be good for other noobs to see another beginner's epic fails, as it gets discouraging seeing nothing but gods doing the impossible on youtube all the time.