Recommend me something else for Drum sequencing and looping, Keyboard sounds and bass guitar sound? Preferably free.
Quote by Martindecorum
y dont u like fruity loops

Most of the effects/sounds are terrible and I don't like the general layout.
Good thinking. I hate my Peugeot too. Recommend me something faster and more economical. Preferably free.
fruity loops actually has a really awesome layout, once you take the time to understand all its features. It can basically do everything you need. and i agree the sounds are pretty cheesy, but i find it really useful for a sequencer, for either your own prerecorded sounds or download some high-quality ones. If anyone knows good sites to get good samples and synths and stuff free, please share.
Quote by smb
Good thinking. I hate my Peugeot too. Recommend me something faster and more economical. Preferably free.

Thanks, prick, that was really helpful.
^ Well, as much of a piss take as his comment was, he does have a point. You want something that's better than Fruity Loops in terms of sounds and layout but you don't want to pay for it? Well, you won't find it.

Are you actually willing to pay anything for software, and how much?
There is poetry in despair.
That was very obviously my point. If there was a program better than FL and free then they wouldn't sell many copies of FL.
whats wrong with FL. the layout is fine, i dont really know what your expecting. If you want it to be easier, it will lose effectiveness. i would you are lucky to be able to use FL free, just take a while to learn it. or dont use a sequencer, use real sounds
Quote by Tom_hatton
Well I got FL for free, so I'm sure theres better for free/cheap as well.

Well, I'm guessing you got FL for free because you stole it. Which doesn't make it free.

Reason is a great piece of software, and probably will work well for for your needs. Better sounds than Fruity Loops, but takes more time to get to grips with IMO.
Quote by fridge_raider
Well, I'm guessing you got FL for free because you stole it. Which doesn't make it free.

Reason is a great piece of software, and probably will work well for for your needs. Better sounds than Fruity Loops, but takes more time to get to grips with IMO.

Is Reason better in terms of what I'd call 'realistic' sounds?
Reason is better for realistic sounds, and also has a good selection of synths for artificial sounds too. For the most realistic sounds (other than actually micing real instruments) you'd be best off with a DAW software, such as Cubase, running sample based software plugins. These can sound extremely realistic, but this is reflected in the price.
yeah, to make FL really worthwhile, you need to go looking

you'll come across hundreds of VSTs and soundfonts that sound awesome
don't judge it by the stock sounds
Top lel.