I know it has been done before, but this is an excellent method of getting some quality feedback from fellow musicians.

Rules:

1. Look at the last post of this thread where someone has reviewed a previous person's music and follow their link to their own tunes.
2. Pick a song (if there are more than one), listen to the entire track and then post your thoughts. Please make sure you include the band/artist name as well as the song you are reviewing in the post. Please end with a number rating of the song from 1 to 10.
3. Please no two line reviews, focus on the good and the bad, your submission should be at least a paragraph long.
4. Please be professional, don't attack anyone personally, nor take any of the reviews personally.
5. If the last person to review plays a particular style of music you just mega-loathe, then wait until a new post has surfaced. A metal band would hate to get a negative review just because you are into acoustic folk. Which leads me to:
6. Review the song according to its genre! I don't want to see a hip-hop song being reviewed with "Not enough shredding!". Even if the song you review isn't your style, try to judge it according to its peers.
7. If after reviewing a song you'd like a specific song of your reviewed, that's fine just let us know which.
8. Do not skip reviews, there are bound to be people who just post a response to someone review or otherwise, please only review the last person's music who themselves wrote a review.
9. Don't bump this thread

Okay, to get the ball rolling I'll start with my personal band. We are a Tucson independent/alternative rock band called Race You There.

http://www.myspace.com/raceyoutheremusic

To stay fair I will try to review as many people as I can, feel free to skip me once this first review is done.

Have fun, hopefully we can all learn something from each other. As many of you fellow music makers have probably noticed, it can be very difficult to take an objective view on your own music, even so if you have many other members in your project. This is a great way to get non-biased opinions.
Last edited by Rickyrodd at Jun 25, 2008,
OK i listened to to Race You Theres "phonebooth".
Things i like: Very relaxing, good recording job, Good clean tone, Original.
Things i dislike: The vocals arent very good and mixed a little loud for my preference, verse riff a little repetitive. Overall its pretty good.
Quote by tracerbeast
OK i listened to to Race You Theres "phonebooth".
Things i like: Very relaxing, good recording job, Good clean tone, Original.
Things i dislike: The vocals arent very good and mixed a little loud for my preference, verse riff a little repetitive. Overall its pretty good.

Solid review. Thanks for the input. I agree the vocals were mixed too loud, we did all four tracks at the same studio and for some reason that was the only track where the vocals came out that high of volume.

Also please try to include a 1 to 10 rating at the end of your review.

EDIT:

I haven't been on ultimate guitar in a long while, didn't realize we can now upload tracks directly to your profile, so if that is where your track is please say so.

Tracerbeast - "new song maybe?"

The track is only 00:54 so I have to kind of imagine as to where it would go.
From what I have heard though, I think the rhythm guitar is mixed just slightly lower than I would like. The rhythm track is kind of rudimentary, a staple with much traditional metal, yes, but unremarkable. The drums are very simple, but had a good sound to them, I honestly can't tell if they are a real sample or a drum machine. The lead makes this song stand out, however. While very brief it manages to instill some uneasy vibes, which is by far a compliment. I wish this track was longer so I could give a better review, but I can say that it has definite potential.

7.5/10 until I can hear the rest.

EDIT 2:

Listening for the third time I want to re-iterate on the lead guitar, not only is it interesting, but incredibly clean. Excellent.
Last edited by Rickyrodd at Jun 25, 2008,
oh okay. ill give it a solid 8. and my song is on my profile. Its only a bit of a song i am writing, and its not mixed or anything but id still like some input anyways. If it counts.